Chapter 24

Ethan's POV

I'm glad I worked things out with Jordyn. We're officially going on a celebratory date soon and I'm excited.

"So Saturday. I'll pick you up around noon."

"Sounds good to me."

"I'll text you later then?"

"Yeah." she kissed my cheek and walked away.

Dylan walked outside, "she might have forgiven you this time, but I would be careful next time. Our families are close but I won't hesitate to fight you. Verbally because well... I'm a stick compared to you so."

"I promise you, this isn't going to happen again."

"Better not. Don't mess it up this time okay?"

"I don't plan on doing so."

Jordyn's POV

"Taylor said you had to tell us something?" Hallie took a seat at the dining table.

"Ooh. I want in on this tea." Dylan sat down.

"I met up with my mom."

"Jordyn Daniels." she looked at me wide eyed.

"I'm sorry. I just needed some answers."

"How did it go?" Dylan cut in.

"Well, she asked about my dad and dissed mom over there. I wasn't going to handle that so I basically told her to fuck off and never talk to me again."

"What'd you ask her?"

"Why she left."

"And she said?"

"Why did they all make her leave? My family could've been happy. My dad could've been well and alive for that matter. But no. Because they all made her leave, he got remarried and look where we are today."

Hallie stood up, "did she tell you about how she was doing drugs while she was breastfeeding? Did she tell you how she went into early labor because of the substance abuse? She overdosed but they managed to save her, they managed to save you. Your mother was all sorts of messed up but your dad put all that aside for you. He put up with her for you. Then one day he had enough. He got home from work and she was smoking a cigarette on the porch while feeding you. That's when he told her to leave. Your grandparents were stopping by to see you for the first time when they saw what was happening. They told your mom to pack her bags and never come back."

"What?" I was taken aback.

"She brought all of this upon herself. The damage has been done. She can't come back from this."

"I need some air." I walked out the door.

This is all so much to take in. I don't know how to handle any of it.

"You okay?" Dylan walked out.

I sat down on the bench. "This is all just coming at me so fast. Everything is going downhill and I just can't handle this anymore." I sighed, "sometimes I wish my dad were still here to help me handle all of this."

"You got me. You got us. You're not alone."

I gave him a faint smile. "Can I have a few minutes alone please?"

"Of course." he walked back inside. As soon as he shut the door, I started talking to my dad.

"Baba. Why didn't you tell me about her? I asked so many times but you said you would always say you'll tell me later. Then Hallie tells me she was a mess. I don't know how to handle this. I just wish you were here with me. I know you're up there having a blast and you're safer up there too. And I know you're watching over me so I don't get too concerned. I love you so much. I miss you more and more everyday." I looked at the ground, "sometimes I think about how I had always dreamt that my wedding would be like in some of the movies we used to watch together. Where the dad would walk his daughter down the aisle and give her away and whatnot. I dreamt that I would be holding your arm as you escorted me to my husband at the other end of the aisle and say a few words before giving me away and letting me recite my vows. But life can't always go as planned and there's nothing you can really do about it."

"Jordyn?"

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Madison somehow found me here.

"I didn't know where else to go."

"Back to the house maybe?"

"I was hoping you'd be here."

"Why?"

"So that you would help me."

"Where's Maia? Why don't you go tell her to help you?" This is getting a little sketchy. They're always together.

"Just please help me."

I walked toward her and noticed that it was all just makeup, "This is part of another one of your plans isn't it? To set me up again. You're acting to lure me to wherever you want me to go so that you can torture me. I'm not falling for it. You're wasting your time because I'm not going home anytime soon."

"But I mean it..."

"I'm not falling for it. Go home Madison."

"I thought I could trust you."

"I thought I could too. But you and your sister fucked me over so I mean."

"Please Jordyn. I'm begging you."

"Go home." I turned and walked toward the door.

"You're a bitch you know that? And now the whole school will know about it. I got it all on recording. I could've been seriously hurt and you wouldn't have helped me."

"No because I knew something was up. You would've gone to find your sister not me. Not to mention, you have some glitter on your 'bruises'. Last time I checked, glitter doesn't naturally rest on bruises. I'm not stupid."

"I beg to differ."

"Let the school know then. I have more leverage on you than you do on me."

"Bet." she spat.

"I've found some embarrassing videos of you and your sister at home while I was cleaning. Remember when you thought you could pull off being a YouTuber? Oh man those videos are great. You don't mind if I post them later do you?"

"I'd be careful if I were you. You don't know who you're messing with." she threatened.

"Actually, you don't know who you're messing with."