Chapter 6

Jordyn's POV

Saturday is finally here. Ethan and I decided we were gonna go eat and then walk around the mall for a little.

We sat down in a booth and the waitress brought us our drinks.

"So, tell me about yourself." he swirled his drink with his straw.

"I was born an only child. My dad raised me because, well, I don't actually know what happened to my mom or where or who she is. So he decided to marry Laura and I've been living with them ever since." I rolled my eyes and I took a sip of my water.

"I see. How long have you and Dylan been dating?"

I choked, "say what now?"

"Are you not dating?"

"Nah. He's my best friend, well, more like a brother. As I've mentioned before, he was, and ever is, the only one that's there for me through it all. I'm so grateful to have him in my life. Don't know how insane I'd be if I didn't have him."

"He's a nice guy."

"You know him?"

"Yeah, we've had small talk here and there. Our moms are somewhat close."

Why didn't he ever tell me about this? Interesting.

"What about you, Mr. Dolan?"

"Well. I have an older sister named Cameron. I wanna be able to make a difference in the world one day. Ummm..." he tapped his fingers on the table, "I love sushi. Oh, sometimes I look in the mirror and I look so pale, like sour cream pale."

"Oh my god." I chuckled.

Our food came out and we made small talk whilst eating as well.

Dyl Pickle: how's everything going so far??

Me: I'd say it's going pretty good as of rn and let's pray it stays like this 🙏🏼

Dyl Pickle: keep me updated tho yeah?

Me: ofc 🤞🏼

"Jordyn? Jordyn Daniels?" my ex boyfriend, Kevin, walked towards Ethan and I's booth.

"Kevin?" I wiped my mouth.

"How've you been?"

"Good I suppose. You?"

"Doin' good."

A girl walked over to him, "baby, they got us a table."

"I'll get going now. It was nice seeing you."

"Who's this?" his new girlfriend asked, at least I think it's his girlfriend???

"Britney, this is Jordyn. Jordyn, this is my girlfriend, Britney." he introduced us.

"This is that girl you cheated on? The one you called insecure, clingy, and has really low self/esteem? Oh babe, I understand why now." she laughed.

I looked down.

"Bro, you should leave with your girlfriend now." Ethan piped in.

"You can't even stand up for yourself? Ridiculous." Britney scoffed.

"Leave her alone. How are you gonna let your prissy girlfriend talk shit about someone you cared for at one point in your life?"

Kevin cleared his throat, "let's go, Brit."

"Nice meeting you." she smirked.

"You didn't have to do that." I said quietly.

"She was being rude. I wasn't just gonna let her disrespect you."

"Thanks." I smiled. "So should we pay for all this stuff and blow this popsicle stand?"

"I'm paying for your food."

"Ethan, you don't have to do that either. I can handle myself."

"Jordyn, I insist."

"I'd feel bad."

"You're not like other girls, huh?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"There are some girls that would be fine with their dates paying for everything."

"Oh, that's another thing about me. I hate when people pay for my stuff. I feel bad that they're spending their money on me."

"Jord, it's okay. I don't mind."

I sighed, "I'm paying next time."

"Great." he smiled.

"Great?"

"Now I have full faith that there will be a next time."

He paid for my meal and we walked to the car.

"Well, what do we do now?" I asked.

"Let's go to the beach."

"It's like 65° out."

"I'm pretty sure you don't wanna go to the mall and risk seeing your stepsisters."

"You right."

"Then shall we?" he chuckled.

"We shall."

"All you young, wild girls, you make a mess of me. Yeah you young, wild girls you'll be the death for me, the death for me." he held onto the steering wheel and sang.

"All you young, wild girls, no matter what you do. Yeah, you young, wild girls, I'll always come back to you, come back to you." I sang along.

"I didn't think you listened to Bruno Mars."

"Did you think I listen to like... Lady Gaga 25/8?"

"I listen to Lady Gaga..."

"Oh..." I chuckled.