Chapter 2

Jordyn's POV

A song I knew was playing. I used to dance to this all the time.

"Seems like you're familiar with this beat."

"I used to dance to it with my dad." I smiled.

The spotlight was on us. But considering no one other than Dylan knows me, I'm not nervous.

"Not bad." he teased.

"You're not that bad either."

Dylan stood there on the side and smiled. Whoever this guy was, he was pretty good at dancing, I'll admit.

"Someone's got dancing in their blood."

"My dad used to dance with me all the time. I guess it just grew on me."

Ethan's POV

This girl was actually pretty cool. I wish I knew who she was. We could get somewhere.

I twirled her and someone purposely bumped into her and she fell.

"Are you okay?" I helped her up, "You were amazing."

"No I wasn't. I fell."

Jordyn's POV

"You were amazing. I haven't danced like that with someone since my cousin's wedding." the guy took off his mask.

"Ethan Dolan?" the clock struck 11. "Oh my god. I have to go."

"Wait what?"

"I'm really sorry. I have to go." I ran and grabbed Dylan.

We ran out to the car, "Jordyn, you were dancing with Ethan Dolan."

"So what? He's just another one of those guys."

"You know you had something going on there."

"You really think so?" I asked.

"I haven't seen you dance like that since your dad's second marriage. And it was amazing. I'm happy." he looked at me for a split second before turning back to the road.

"Shoot."

"What?"

"I dropped my phone."

"Jordyn. How do you drop your phone like that?"

"Dylan. I am wearing gloves, I was probably too distracted from running away from him that I just let it slip."

"Don't you talk to Grayson?"

"He's in my math class. Other than the fact that we don't really talk."

"Ask for it back tomorrow."

"I barely talk to him in general. All of a sudden a mystery girl leaves and I want it? Doesn't that seem a little sketchy to you?" I sighed, "I think I'm just gonna wait it out a little and see what happens. Maybe he'll just turn it in to the lost and found and our problem will be solved. I never danced with Ethan Dolan, I never went to the dance. My life is back to normal. And that's assuming Ethan picked it up."

Ethan's POV

Whoever this mystery girl was, she dropped her phone. The only problem is, it's an old picture of her and her dad when she was younger. How the hell am I suppose to find out who she is now?

"What's that?" Grayson asked.

"That girl I was dancing with... when she ran away she seemed to have dropped this."

"And you didn't think about saying something along the lines of: 'hey wait! You dropped something!'?"

"But, at least now I can look for her and see who she really is."

"Yes because a throwback picture is going to help you find this mystery girl."

"I don't need your sarcasm right now."

"I don't care about your needs. But what you do need to do is get that phone back to whoever it belongs to."

Jordyn's POV

Dylan's friends left and the room was clean. Bless him. I got home and the girls walked in as soon as I finished changing.

"Oh my god." I shouted. "You could've at least knocked."

"Our house, our rules." Maia said.

"I could've been naked for all you knew. You're lucky I got done changing when I did."

"Sucks you couldn't make it to the dance." Madison smirked. Little do they know...

"This girl had the spotlight with Ethan Dolan. Then she just ran away when the clock struck 11." Maia rolled her eyes, "she's such a Cinderella-wannabe."

"Yeah well. I had to clean your mother's room so I wouldn't know." I shrugged.

"Why'd you need to change?"

"Because I've been wearing dirty clothes all day. I still need to shower."

"It's almost 12." Madison said.

"How suspicious." Maia squinted her eyes.

I looked at them, "yeah so. It's 12am. Can you leave now?"

"We're on to you." they walked out.

I took my laptop and disconnected it from my phone so that they can't see nor read my messages again. Fucking snakes. And so that whoever has my phone can't receive my messages either. I don't need more people budding into my business.

Tonight, hearing that song again reminded me of my dad. I pulled up the video and watched him teach me how to dance to the rhythm. After a while, he told me to just stand on his feet and hold onto him.

I began to get emotional, "I miss you baba."