Starship Journey

Gabrielle's POV

"An extremely will put together droid your highness, no doubt it saved the ship" Captain Panaka informs Sabe. There was a dirty R2 asteroid droid next to him.

"It is to be commended" she states. "What is its number?" she asks Panaka.

"R2 D2, your highness" he answers after reading it.

"Thank you R2 D2" Sabe says smiling. "Thank you, Artoo Detoo. You have proven to be very loyal...Padme!" she says. Padme steps forward while I stay with the other maidens. "Clean this droid up the best you can. It deserves our gratitude" she tells her.

"May I help her your highness?" I ask her.

"Of course Naiomi" she says with a smile. "Continue captain" she says as I go over to Padme and R2 D2. Captain Panaka looks at the two jedis and the master steps forward to address Sabe. I learnt their names are Qui-gon and Obi-wan.

"Your Highness, we are heading for a remote planet called Tatooine. It is a system far beyond the reach of the Trade Federation. There we will be able to make needed repairs, then travel on to Coruscant" he explains.

"Your Highness, Tatooine is very dangerous. It's controlled by an alliance of gangs called the Hutts. I do not agree with the Jedi on this" Captain Panaka states.

"Jabba the Hutt being the leader" I add.

"You must trust my judgement your highness" Qui-gon tells her. She shares a look with Padme.

"Very well, we'll go there only because we need the hyper-drive repaired" Sabe tells them.

Padme and I both curtsy before leaving the room with R2. "She seems to be enjoying giving you orders" I whisper.

"I don't mind it'll be nice to do some manual labour" Padme assures me. We reached the room where the asteroid droids were kept. I saw my droid still off and turn him on.

"Hey R3 how would you like a polish?" I ask and it beeps in agreement

"Hey R3 how would you like a polish?" I ask and it beeps in agreement. So while Padme cleans R2 D2 I polish R3. Until the Gungan appears and introduces himself as Jar-jar while Padme introduces herself. "I'm Naiomi" I say smiling. Soon Qui-gon appears as I finish polishing R3's head.

"Padme I wonder if I could have a word with you about your sister" he states.

"I shall find you when I am finished with my task Master Qui-gon" she tells him. He nods his head and leaves us to our work. Jar-Jar tells us how he ended up with us and I giggle. He talks funny.

Soon Padme finished and went to speak to Qui-gon telling me to go play. So R3 and I go to the cafeteria. I'm making the fruit float around me giggling when someone enters the room breaking my concentration. Making me drop the fruit, but someone stops them before they hit the ground and return them to their bowl.

"You are strong with the force young one" Qui-gon states when I face him. "Your sister has informed me of why you were kept hidden. Now it is your decision if you wish to be trained as a jedi" he informs me.

"I'd have to leave my family" I say looking at R3. "They are all I have. But I want to be able to protect them and I can't do that if I stay on Naboo. When does my training begin?" I ask.

"Soon, but we'll be reaching Tatooine soon and I must leave to find a new hyper-drive generator. But if you ask Obi-wan he may show you a few things" he tells me. "Who is this?' he asks pointing at R3.

"My asteroid droid R3 A1, can he come with me for training?" I ask him.

"Every jedi deserves a good asteroid droid" he tells me. "Of course he may come" he adds.

"Thank you, and thank you for protecting us on Naboo" I say.

"It's a jedi's duty and I am honoured to do it" he says smiling. "Now shouldn't you be resting?" he asks.

"I am tired" I say with a small yawn as Panaka enters the room.

"It's time for you to sleep Naiomi, Padme is waiting for you" he informs me. I nod my head and get up.

"Thank you captain come along R3, good night Master Qui-gon"  I say and follow the captain to mine and Padme's sleeping counter. I said good night to Captain Panaka and go change into my white night gown.

Padme appears in new clothes and brushes my hair. Then tucks me in laying beside me as she begins to sing a lullaby. I fell asleep before she finished the song.

A/N

Picture above of Naiomi.

Rewritten: 25/5/20