Chapter 26

"Harry! This is your last chance to get what we need from Professor Slughorn! The school year is almost over, and you have yet to learn what a Horcrux is!" Harry was not expecting to be yelled at, so he kind of just sat there in a little ball.

But that ball quickly unrolled.

"Excuse me, but Professor, you haven't been very clear on my instructions. Why do I need to do this? What's the importance? What's wrong with your hand? I really just don't understand!"

"You'll understand soon enough! No more arguing! You must get the answers!"

"But how?" Harry still didn't really understand.

"Need a little luck don't you? Anyways, you should go enjoy the beautiful outdoors while it's still light outside."

It all clicked in Harry's head. Luck. But was outside that he needed? Harry shrugged and left Dumbledore's office.

••0••

Harry grabbed the vile with the last little bit of Felix Felicis in it, and left to go outside. As he was walking around the courtyard, for whatever reason, he spotted Professor Slughorn inside one of the greenhouses.

Harry stood up straight and drank the rest of the Felix Felicis, he pocketed the vile. He began to walk straight to the greenhouse Professor Slughorn was in, avoiding any contact with anyone. He wanted this to get done as fast as he could.

He stopped walking once he was right behind the professor. Harry didn't know what to say, so he just stood there awkwardly. Harry realized that he had very little time to get this task done, so he just decided to talk.

"Professor?" Harry's sudden voice scared Slughorn, as he jumped in the air and made a little scream.

"Uh-you caught me off guard! Haha! Um, what is it, boy?" Slughorn furrowed his brows and adjusted the cap he was wearing. He fidgeted with the little box full of leaves that he was holding in his hands, waiting or Harry to answer. Harry was transfixed by Slughorn's hands, but he snapped back into their conversation.

"I just wanted to know, what a horcrux is?" Harry squinted his eyes, hoping this will actually work.

"Oh very well! I guess Dumbledore has finally got what he wanted, you just didn't have to be so unsure about asking me!" Slughorn waved the air around him, then handing Harry the box of leaves. "Here, hold this." Slughorn took out his wand from his robes' inner pockets and placed it on his temple. He began to pull his wand away from his temple, a string that looked of silver was attached to the wand. Harry knew that Slughorn was taking a memory from his mind.

When the string stopped coming out, Harry gave Professor Slughorn the vile from the Felix, to put the memory in. Harry gave him his leaf box back, and Slughorn gave him the vile. Harry left the greenhouse while Slughorn stayed.

••0••

Harry took a deep breath. He had given Dumbledore the vile, Dumbledore telling him the content from the memory was for another day. Harry shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair. Now that that task was over, Harry could go back up to the Gryffindor Common Room and finish some homework.

He wasn't able to do that, however, because a familiar face met him in the hallway.

"Malfoy? What are you doing here, alone?" Harry felt joy, but that changed into disgust when he remembered what Draco did to him.

"Looking for you, actually." Draco scoffed and rolled his eyes at Harry's confusion. "This can't go on any longer." Draco grabbed Harry's upper arm and pulled him into a nearby closet.

"What's this about? I'm leaving." Harry tried the exit the closet, but Draco blocked the door.

"You can't leave until you hear what I have to tell you."

"Fine. Go ahead!"

"I punched you so it didn't look suspicious that I was talking to you alone. It was a quick solution to avoid a bigger problem."

"That doesn't give you the right-" Harry tried to speak up, but Draco gave him a look.

"Just be quiet!" Draco straightened his robes and lowered his voice. "Also, I can't be seen with you ever again, and I don't want to talk to you again. I no longer feel any connection to you anymore."

Harry could tell that Draco was holding back tears. "But I thought we loved each other?!"

"Things happen, people change." Was all Draco said, leaving Harry in the closet all alone, thinking about what just happened.