Chapter 2

I struggled to keep up with Mr Solomons legs. They were almost as long as hallway we walked through right now, which seemed to never stop.

I barely notice the old pictures hung of previous owners of the house as we walked past them. My parents were there too.

"Erm... Mr Solomon, why am I here? I mean... where are we going?" I just got the words out through puffed breaths.

I should really get back into running, keeping up with him was getting more and more difficult. Monday should be good, new week means new beginnings, right? It's Friday so I have the whole weekend to be a slob.

But the thing is I knew where we were going. This hallway only leads to one place, and that's the entrance to the school. The big wooden door only opens from Saturday to Sunday ( and of course start/end of term) but it was still only Friday.

"It's very exciting. There's a new student who's moved from the highlands although, he must have lived in London when he was younger. He does have a very English accent Miss Cole." He said this charging on me a couple paces behind.

That was odd. It was mid August, half way through term. Everyone arrived at the end of July to start the school year.

The only thing that's makes sense is why I was called out of class. Im assigned as the "tour guide of the school" for visitors and new students. The chore had its perks like getting out of class earlier, unless it was the weekend then I'm either getting dragged out of bed and not allowed to go out of the school.

"Well isn't he late Sir? He should have arrived ages ago."

How did this student even get in this late. It was weird that the school would take late students especially if it's there 5th year.

"The pupils name is Nicholas Fernsby, he's sixteen. I expect you will look after him well?"

I quickly nodded not bothering to look up.

As we headed near the entrance you could make out the tall figure kicking the wall at the seating area.

"Mr Fernby! What are you doing?" Mr Solomons tone was stern as we drew closer to the stranger.

This school was well kept and some new student thinks he can come and vandalise it, well he'll have a-

"Sorry Mr, I'm just nervous." But he said this with a smirk. Looking like he meant the exact opposite.

I already decided that I didn't like him.

Mr Solomon took this as an excuse and nodded his head.

"Well this is Miss Burns, she will be showing you around the school until 4 o' clock" he looked down at his watch with a tusk. "You better get heading its 3:30."

With that Mr Solomon turned around and walked back down the grey corridor.

Nicholas was tall, taller than mr Solomon. His hair was dark and his eyes a light blue. They held a tinge of mischief to them. Inviting the curious in.

Like he was hiding something.

"By the way I'm Nic, no one calls me by my full name." He said winking.

I didn't realise I hadn't said anything, too dumbfounded as to why a hottie of a boy was standing in my school winking at me.

For him the silence was awkward.

"... well you must be Lily... very nice to meet you" Nic held his hand out. A flirty tone in his voice.

Mr Solomon had been right his accent was a very strong English sounds like he's from oxford.

"Hello Nicholas, follow me." I turned back around not bothering to shake his hand. Short and sweet would do, no need for long stranger talk.

Just get the tour over and done with, without staring at him for too long. See doesn't sound that difficult?

I hope.

Already within meeting him 5 minutes ago and I had barely said a full sentence too busy looking him up and down.

But I can't get involved with boys this year. It's my most important academic year- if I don't get the grades ,I don't get into university, I can't take over the family business and I certainly can't have a comfortable life.

"The hallway we're walking down right now is the entrance hallway. You only come down here at weekends when we can go into town. There are other doors to get out to the grounds of the school.
It is off from the main building so you shouldn't end up here anyway."

Nicholas had his hands in his pockets as we walked. Every time he came closer to my side I would just move further away.

He made some funny jokes and side comments that I probably would have laughed at if I wasn't trying so hard not to smile.

I took him all around the building making sure we ended at his room which he would be sleeping in every night... no. no. no. stop it,who cares where he sleeps. I will most likely not talk to this boy ever again.

"So, this is your room, it's a single so you don't have another person living with you unlike some of the other rooms."

He seemed like the guy who just went for popular girls who were ten times better looking than her.

" thanks that was a really... nice tour."

I sound so judgemental right now. What am i I thinking. Who cares who he gets with?

Not me. That's who.

"This is where I leave you, I think it's just coming up 4 so you have 2 hours before dinner and then after that you are free to roam the school but most people go to bed at 11/12 so they are up for classes starting at 8:30. Any questions?"

"Yeh ,cute accent where can I get one?"

I don't think I could've rolled my eyes harder if I tried.

"That's a no then, see you around Nicholas."

I turned round and started down the boys rooms hall, I was nearly at the stair when he shouted back.

"The names Nic!"

" yeh, whatever. Bye Nicholas."