Prologue

This is my first Wattpad story and I am truly excited as well as anxious to see what people think of it.

Please no copy writing!

Enjoy :)
~~~

She could feel her heart beating rapidly in her chest as if it was threatening to burst from within her and it's continual thrumming sound echoed in her ears as she dashed throughout the dimly lit streets of the small town she had been born and raised in. This was also the small town she was desperately attempting to escape.

The wretched house she had left behind was still haunting her with memories of the past that she knew she would never be able to leave behind even if she did manage to escape this town. The bruises and scars which marked her body would not always remain, but the wounds in her mind from those painful memories would never truly fade.

She ran until her legs became like jello and her lungs ached before she finally slowed to a stop gasping for air. Once she could breathe regularly again, she raised her head finding herself at a cross roads where she would be faced with a decision of which direction to go. She evaluated her options by attempting to read the signs nearby that would tell her where each road would lead, but the tears that welled up in her eyes prohibited her from reading past the first word.

This wasn't the first time she had snuck out of her bedroom window in the middle of the night, but she had never made it beyond the four way stop she stood at now because the fear of leaving was equally as strong as the fear of staying.

She squeezed her eyes shut allowing the tears to roll down her cheeks as she sunk to the cold pavement slowly then collapsed on the hard ground in fetal position squeezing her eyes shut wishing that this simple action could somehow make all of her surroundings disappear or even better-make her disappear. Her mind drifted to a place far away and she prayed for the first time in her life to a god she hoped existed and she prayed that someday, somehow, someone would take her away.

This is a story of fear, but also courage.

This is a story of love, but also hate.

This is a story of pain, but also joy.

This is a story about a girl.

A girl who wants someone to find her and take her away.

~~~

This a short prologue but the chapters will be longer. I hope you enjoyed this short snippet of my first story.

Like, comment, and follow :)