"Dull?"

"Yes, exactly, and I can never ask if they might tell another one."

Moving a finger to tap her chin, Thennil contemplated,"Well, I might have just the story for you-

"Really? You always know such good stories because you travel all over the place, where is this one from? Lothlorien? Angmar? The Greenwood?" Arwen begged, pulling on her sisters sleeve.

"But only if you consent to my instruction for today."

"Yes! Yes! Anything for one of your stories, Nesa!"

"Come then, let's retire, I will show you my favorite place to sew, then you can hear your story."

"Where is the story from?" the elfling questioned, following after her taller relation, a bounce in her step.

"Somewhere, far, far away."

"Is it from among Men?" Arwen asked as they stopped in her room for her to grab her sewing basket before going down a door to get her sisters things.

"Perhaps..."

"It must be, because whenever Naneth says perhaps, it normally means yes." Thennil chuckled at her sisters accurate opinion. "It's from Angmar then, that is the only place of Men that I remember you visiting recently."

"Nay, it is folklore of the men to the south, it was raining and we had to stop at an inn, there was an old woman there who was a good story-teller, but that was years ago." she replied, rummaging through her closet to find the many tunics that she had worn holes in from being on patrol among her many other duties.

"Thennil?"

"Yes, little one?"

"Why do you wear tunics while other elleth wear gowns and dresses?"

She paused in her searching, wondering what brought this up. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, it's just that...you don't look like other Ladies most of the time...and some of them say that you act more like an ellon than an elleth, but I know you're not!"

Turning from her things, Thennil took in the worried expression on her sisters face. Her sister had a right to be concerned, to a point. She had always had a difficult time fitting in with the other elleth of Imadlris, mostly because of the path she had chosen to take. She had always been secure in who she was, but to see her sister like this only made it more of a reality that she was different, very different. Recalling the words her mother had once asked her, she took her sisters hand and drew her to the bed, waiting for her to situate herself before speaking.

Taking a breath, she calmed her mind, and spoke:

"Arwen, what do I normally do?"

"Fight..."

"And?"

"Uphold the weak, protect the helpless, punish the guilty, and a few other's that I can't remember."

"Yes, but what are the other traits of a warrior of our people?"

"Well they're supposed to be gracious, kind, be willing when they are being taught, to know different arts."

"That's right, now what is a lady? Or what do lady's do?"

"Well, they sew, weave, take care of the elflings, they are kind, they teach other people, and at my age are taught, they are known for being kind in word and deed most of the time." Arwen paused, going over both of the lists that she had made. It was as if a light had gone on that had not been there before.