Chapter 9

I've literally been reading so many lams fanfics that I don't even have time to write my own crap. (btw i have a new book thingy where I'm going to be writing lams one shots so if you wanna check that out you totally should.) Anyway I'm very sorry for the delay but here's another chapter!

When I got to school Monday morning I was terribly exhausted. The course of events that had happened in these past few weeks seemed completely unrealistic. I felt like I had to pinch myself every five seconds to make sure this wasn't just a dream. Now that I'm technically back in the group the rest of the Heathers have began talking to me again. I was greeted by Heather Duke running up to me bombarding me with questions about my date with Kurt. Heather hadn't told the other girls that I was only dating him to hang out with them again.

"I can't believe it Veronica! You're really dating one of the hottest guys in school! You guys are cute together. How was the date?" Heather Duke asked with wide eyes. She seemed more interested in my relationship with Kurt than I did.

"It's was nice. He's really romantic." I cringed at my lies. It was genuinely the complete opposite but what can I say. I didn't have a choice at this point.

          "Oh, young love! You guys are going to last I can tell!" She grinned and I almost rolled my eyes at the statement. Its funny knowing not that long ago she helped Heather throw soda at me. Now she's praising my "relationship."

          We parted and I headed to my first class and just wanting the day to be over already.

-

          Soon enough it was lunch which would either be the best part of the day or the worst. I hadn't figured it out yet. I walked into the cafeteria with the Heathers. We grabbed our lunch and sat down at out table. As the Heathers were busy discussing some new fad they were obsessed with I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I felt lips touch my cheek and then a voice said, "Hey babe."

           I almost shuddered by how uncomfortable I was. It was Kurt, my "boyfriend." I let out a fake smile and nodded my head in acknowledgment. I looked up and made eye contact with the last person I wanted to see right now.

          J.D. was sitting at the corner of the cafeteria all alone. He looked at me with almost no emotion in his face. I could sense his disappointment. I looked down and couldn't find myself to look at him again. I don't know why I was so terrified.

          "I have to go to the restroom." I said and got up from the table and exited the cafeteria into the empty hallway. I walked towards the water fountain and began drinking till I heard the door open.

           "Veronica is that you? Oh, pardon my mistake. I mean Heather."

          I looked up and saw J.D. standing at the end of the hallway. "Stop." I whispered. He raised an eyebrow and I assumed he didn't hear me.

          He started walking towards me. I stood there frozen. "Why? You crawled back to her. It's like you depend on popularity Veronica. I thought that shit didn't matter to you yet you proved me fucking wrong. I thought you were different."

          "I was scared." I whispered again and he laughed.

           "Scared of what?"

           "Of being alone! Okay after that incident when we went hiking I was scared that you wouldn't want to talk to me and I.. I.. I don't know how to deal with that shit. I'm not like you." I said avoiding eye contact with him.

          "Oh my god... Did you ever stop to think as to why I didn't kiss you back? Growing up the only love I ever fucking got was from my mom and she killed herself Veronica. I don't know how to react to those feelings because pain is all I know. I tried to tell you that day but you ran off! Why? Because you always fucking run from the truth! And look you did it again and became a Heather again! Well congratulations. I hope you're happy." He said and walked off leaving me alone.

I felt tears start to form but shook them off. I had to go back to the Heathers. They were all I had.

Super short chapter I'm sorry!!