o n e

« emma's pov »

i was sitting with my bestfriends jaycee, sophia, ava, and mia at lunch.

"i'll be right back, i have to go grab something." i said, getting up from my seat.
heading to the lunch line, someone bumps into me, with my luck of course, spilling their lunch all over my new sweatshirt.

"i'm so sorry, that was my bad. i didn't mean to—" he looked up at me. "Oh, its just you, nevermind. i take it back, i'm not sorry." he smirked.

"i can't believe you!" i whined.
it was joey birlem, no surprise there. i picked up the extra food, which happened to be spaghetti, on the floor & plumped it in his head.

"awe, you look so cute!" i said sarcastically.
joey was pulling the strands of spaghetti out of his precious hair that he seemed to love more than anything. in the process, he slipped on sauce.

"HAHAHAHA." i laughed.
i don't know why i did that,
because he just pulled me down with him.

so let me tell you about joey birlem;
-
in middle school, i guess you could say i was practically inlove with the kid, which was weird considering how much of a jerk he was to me. he never knew i liked him of course. thank god that ended when it did, now we're freshmen in high school, and i can't tolerate anything about him. we're like two siblings constantly teasing, going at each other, and needing to one-up the other. and i guess that just brings us to now.
-
the whole cafeteria was silent. it was quite funny actually, some of them live for our fights and apparently they were considered entertaining. we were popular, and it seemed like they all expected us to date, like this was just some childish phase that we'd get over soon. right, like that'd ever happen.

"JOEY AND EMMA!" a male figure screamed. i could recognize that voice from a thousand miles away. it was the principal. if we had a dollar for as many times he called joey & i's names, we'd probably be rich.

"MY OFFICE, NOW!" he yelled, stubbornly. isn't he used to our drama by now, like why does he get so mad?

"ugh.." i whispered. joey got up and held his hand out for me to help me up.
my dumb self respondng to the gesture went to grab it when he pulled his hand away write before i could.

"YEET." he teased.

"birlem that's enough." the principal said.

"you're dead." i said angrily.

the principal walked out of the lunchroom and joey and i followed shortly after.
i bit my lip, which was something i tended to do when i wasn't sure what was going to happen next.

"you're nervous." joey pointed out.

"am not." i crossed my arms.

"sureeee." he smirked.

"come right into my office." the principal said, holding his door for us.

--------------
s/o to meg :)
end up chapter! hey guys, new story being written by the other owner :) sorry this is short but i'm really excited about this fanfic! this sucks rn but i promise it'll get better.
welp, i'll post more soon! :)