"Mariah, you alright?"

I stopped and looked at his shocked expression.

"Y-ye-yeah.."

I followed him to the same table we sat at, the day I shadowed. His same friends were there, all of them with trays full of food. I took my seat on the end, while Trevor took his seat between me and Ariana. Everyone greeted me with warm smiles, and I only gave a weak one. This was different for me.

"This is so cool, how you have this lunch with us!"

"I know, usually that doesn't happen."

"So, Mariah you bring money?"

Looking through my bag, was a fresh twenty dollar bill in the side pocket. Mr. Perez probably slipped this in here while I slept last night. I told him I didn't need money for lunch, but nobody ever really listens to me.

"I-I-I'm...n-no-not ea-eating..." I spoke quietly.

"You sure? I could pay for you, it's not a problem."

"N-no, I-I-I'm f-fi-fine..."

I didn't feel comfortable when people bought me things. It makes me feel obligated to pay them back, plus it probably only boost his ego, knowing he paid for the new girl's lunch. I also didn't want to break from my diet.

"Okay, cool"

Everyone started side conversations, talking and laughing. I watched on, not really trying to join in. Once that period was over, I realized I only had two classes left. My last one was gym, which was a class I never participated in.

"Hey Mariah, wait up!"

I stopped and waited for Trevor, as he stood inches above me. He smiled down at me.

"What class do you have?"

"Sp-spa-spanish..."

"What room?"

"212."

"Aww, cool. I'll walk you, my class is right across the hall."

I followed alongside him, as we trekked to our classes. That's when my phone vibrated in my pocket and I saw a message from Mr. Perez, basically saying he was going to be picking me up early because he has to work late. As always. I sighed deeply and tried to reply back, but because I'm not technologically savvy, I hadn't the slightest clue what I was doing.

"Oh you got a 5? So do I. That's cool, you team iPhone."

"I-I-I d-do-don't kn-know h-ho-how to w-wo-work it t-t-tho-though..."

"You want me to show you?"

I was a bit skeptical, at first. Even though we know each other, could I trust him?

Fuck no.

Well, tell me how you really feel.

Mentally rolling my eyes, I smiled up at Trevor.

"S-su-sure!"

"Cool. Meet me after school."

He was about to walk away, when I remembered that Mr. Perez would be picking me up early.

"W-wa-wait, T-Tr-Trev..."

"What's up?"

"I-I-I c-ca-can't t-to-today. M-M-May-Maybe t-t-to-tomorrow..."

"Oh, alright. Tomorrow, it is."

"C-co-cool..."

I walked into my spanish class, counting the minutes until tomorrow.