"Is this her?" A male voice snapped Veronica out of her examination.

"Nah, this is just some random chick that decided to walk into our house." Sam's sarcastic reply earned him a smack upside the head by his big brother. A brown haired girl in a flowing skirt followed the boys upstairs.

"Hi," she smiled sweetly at Veronica, "Laddie's still downstairs sleeping. He shouldn't wake up until you get back."

"Alright, let's go then! Sam go get Max's car keys, he left them for us." Sam's brother ordered.

Sam's mouth fell open in faux horror. "You mean he trusts you with his car?" 

"Just get the keys moron," he faked a swipe at his brother's head again.

"What a way to show brotherly love." Veronica jumped at Star's voice. She didn't hear her come up behind her. "My name's Star by the way. That's Michael."

"Hi, Max told me about you." Veronica smiled back.

"Oh really? I hope he only said good things." Michael said. He suddenly lifted his arm and caught the keys that were flying toward his head.

"Good catch loser," Sam stuck out his tongue.

He put his arm around his brother's shoulders and pretended his knees had gone weak. "I only see one good catch around here, and I'm looking at her." Michael put his free hand over his heart and looked toward Star.

Star gave Veronica an unamused expression, "I have to live with these two. You only have to spend one night with them."

"Oh don't listen to her, we're perfectly normal!" Michael stood up, put an arm around Star's waist, and placed a light kiss on her lips. This triggered a light giggle from Star and they headed out the door.

Sam rolled his eyes. "Do you need a garbage can? I'll let you borrow mine when I'm done puking my guts out."

Veronica laughed, "If they're like this all the time I suggest you keep the can handy."

"There's not a day that goes by that my head is not in one." They both laughed until Michael popped his head back into the house.

"Hurry up you two love birds, it's almost beddy-bye time and we still have to find Miss V's house."

"Miss V?" Veronica scrunched up her nose a little.

"Yeah, I've renamed you." Michael gave her a gleaming toothed smile and slipped back outside.

She turned back to Sam and saw he had a serious glare on his face. "Miss V?"

He broke out of his glare and looked at her, then shrugged. "I don't know where half the stuff he says comes from. I think he's on drugs."

It didn't take them long to get to Veronica's house, mainly because Michael did at least thirty miles over the speed limit. When she stepped out of the car she was tempted to kiss the ground.

"Not to be rude, but who the heck taught you how to drive?" Veronica asked as she unlocked her front door.

"David," Star grumbled. Michael just laughed it off.

"Do you want something to drink or anything?" Veronica asked when they got inside and turned on the lights.

"Nah, we'll just wait here." Michael replied, looking over the blue and white trimmed living room. "Whoever's the decorator did a nice job."