Chapter 8: Fateful Encounter[EDITED]

Juvia's POV
"Gray-sama! Juvia is going to the market!!" Juvia yelled from the front door. Juvia felt antsy and hyper, something not unusual for her.

"Ok!" Juvia heard Gray-sama yell back from the living room.
Juvia smiled and grabbed the wooven basket next to her feet, opening the door to Gray-sama's apartment.

Juvia walked down the stairs to the first level and opened the door, walking out into the street. Juvia sighed happily as she felt the sun hug her, a light breeze blowing her sundress.
Juvia took a deep breath and smiled, beginning her walk towards the market.

Juvia looked up at the clock of Carida Cathedral and saw that it was around noon. Juvia had woken up around an hour previous, and she blushed as she remembered that Gray-sama and Juvia had been snuggling when she woke up.
Juvia remembers that she immediately blushed, and she almost screamed but held it in as she slowly slipped out of Gray-sama's arms.

Juvia remembered looking down at Gray-sama's sleepy face, and she giggled as she walked.
'Gray-sama is cute when he's asleep' she thought to herself with a big smile.

Juvia felt herself accidentally bump into someone, snapping her back out of Juvia-land. She realized she had reached the market, feeling dumb for not noticing.

Juvia suddenly felt her eye's go big and she jumped, turning to the person and bowing her head.
"Ah! Juvia is so sorry!" She exclaimed, chastising herself in her head for being so clumsy.

There was a low laugh that made Juvia confused. Juvia looked up at the person she had hit, and she blinked as she realized who it was.

"Oh! Lyon-sama!" Juvia said happily as her mood shifted. She felt her chest fill with joy at seeing her friend.

"Juvia, fancy seeing you here." Lyon-sama said with a soft smile that made Juvia happy.

Juvia laughed at Lyon-sama and nodded, looking up him.
"How has Lyon-sama been? How is Chelia-san? Or Jura-sensei?" Juvia asked, staring up at Lyon-sama.

"They're good. It's funny we were planning a visit to FairyTail soon. But besides that, what about you Juvia? How have you been?" Lyon-sama asked.

Juvia and Lyon-sama continued to walk through the market, and Juvia grabbed a couple apples.
"Juvia is doing much better! She stopped stalking Gray-sama! Juvia's new mission partner is Lisanna, and Juvia has a job as a nurse at the guild." Juvia explained happily, feeling a skip in her step.

She looked up at Lyon-sama again and saw a big smile on his face.
"That's wonderful! I'm glad you're doing well!" He beamed.
Juvia giggled, continuing to walk around the market with Lyon-sama keeping her company.

•••

Juvia's POV
When she was finally finished with her shopping, Lyon-sama walked Juvia back to Gray-sama's apartment.

"Juvia, isn't this Gray's apartment?" Lyon-sama asked, curiously looking up at the small building.

Juvia nodded, humming. "Yes, Juvia is looking after Gray-sama while he heals from an injury. It's part of her job as a nurse." Juvia explained.

Lyon-sama stared for a moment more and then turned to face Juvia with a serious expression.
"Say Juvia? Would you like to grab some dinner tomorrow night?" He asked bluntly.

Juvia blushed and stepped back lightly from shock, her mouth falling open.

Lyon-sama smirked and let out a small laugh. "So?" He asked.

Juvia blinked and then jumped as she realized he was waiting for an answer.
"Oh! Ah! Juvia would love to!" Juvia choked out, her body feeling like it was about to turn to steam.

Lyon-sama smiled brightly and nodding. "Great! I'll pick you up at 7:00 tomorrow night!" Lyon-sama said as he walked back in the direction of the train station, ready to head back to Lamia Scale.
"See you tomorrow!" Juvia yelled back, feeling oddly excited.

Lyon-sama waved at Juvia and she waved back until he was out of sight.
Juvia looked on as his body disappeared on the horizon and then she squealed in excitement, butterflies in her chest.

Yes, Juvia admits that she has always been infatuated with Lyon-sama, but it was overpowered by her love for Gray-sama.

Juvia unlocked the front door of Gray-sama's apartment building and walked in, locking it behind her.
She climbed up the small stairs and then unlocked that door as well.

Juvia swung the door open and practically skipped inside, holding back her giggles as she went to put the food away.

Juvia began singing a love song, dancing around Gray-sama's kitchen.

•••

Juvia's POV
As Juvia was putting away the last of the groceries(the canned goods), Gray-sama wobbled into the kitchen.

"Hey Juvia, what did you get?" Gray-sama asked as he awkwardly walked around the Island.
He came up behind Juvia, looking over her shoulder as she was reaching up to put the cans away.
"Juvia got everything, Gray-sama. She decided helping Gray-sama stock up on food would be a good idea!" Juvia exclaimed happily, turning to face Gray-sama.

As she turned, Juvia was faced with Gray-sama's chest in her face. Juvia blinked for a moment.
'Huh?' She thought.

Juvia's eyes trailed up from Gray-sama's chest and to his face, connecting to his own eyes. Juvia's heart did backflips as she looked into Gray-sama's eyes, her knees feeling like they had suddenly been turned to jello.

Juvia blinked again, and then noticed how red Gray-sama's face was. Juvia frowned, reaching her hand up and putting it on his cheek.
"Is Gray-sama alright?" Juvia asked, narrowing her eyes at him.
'Maybe Gray-sama is sick again?' Juvia asked herself, not even noticing that she had leaned a little closer to Gray-sama.

Gray-sama's face grew even more hot under Juvia's hand, and he was turning a darker red color.

Juvia furrowed her eyes, and as she did Gray-sama let out a fake cough. He snapped his head away and put his fist over his mouth to cover the cough.
"Juvia?" Gray-sama asked, looking anywhere but at Juvia.

"Yes Gray-sama?" Juvia asked, hearing confusion in her voice.
"Uh, Sorry." He said and stepped back.

Juvia was going to ask Gray-sama meant when she realized how close Gray-sama was even after he stepped away. Juvia's face probably looked very pink as she squeaked, covering her mouth and staring off at the ground.

Juvia was breathing heavily, her heart racing as she suddenly began understanding the situation.
Gray-sama has gotten too close without knowing, and when Juvia turned around their bodies were practically touching.

Gray-sama coughed again, causing Juvia to perk her head up.
"Soooooo, I'm going to go take a shower." He said, still not looking at Juvia.

Juvia nodded her head quickly, opening her mouth and feeling herself shaking with nerves.
"Y-yes, J-Juvia thinks that's a good idea." Juvia stuttered, shaking even more as Gray-sama practically bolted as fast as he could with his boot.
Juvia watched him hobble away, and as she did she felt the adrenaline pumping through her veins beginning to fade away.

Juvia sighed, feeling sadness replace her embarrassment. She turned and grabbed a soup can, frowning as she finished putting the canned goods away.