Dear New Girl

Dear new girl,

It's gonna be hard this time.

I know it because I'm the one responsible for his change. I'm the one responsible for his destruction. I'm the girl he used to love or maybe the one he still loves. Forgive me for putting you into this situation. I'm sorry if I let you fix my mess.

But don't be discouraged. He's still the man I used to love, you just need to put a little more effort to see it. A little more time to discover who he really is.

He's mean, hot-headed and easily distracted but please be patient with him. He's still healing. Love him not because he's in pain but for he will make an effort to make you stay. He might not show it but he treasures your presence.

He's independent. He likes to do things alone but don't always let him. He won't tell you if he needs help, you should go and ask him, and he will tell you.  He's an open book that needs to be asked. Read between his lines and you learn the goodness he hides.

He's old school. He would love to sing a number of songs just to make you smile. He likes writing and receiving letters, don't be shocked if you'll find his secret box. He keeps everything that's important to him.

He may push you away. He might get mad at you but please stay. He never wanted anyone to leave. He just wanted someone to lean on. Someone who will understand his pain.

Hug him for no reason. You don't know when he might needs it. He always wanted to feel secured and know that someone is there for him.

Treat him ice cream once a week for it will make him feel better. Walk with him down the streets. Talk about random things until he stops thinking about me.

Let him cry on your shoulders. I'm sorry for causing him so much pain. Stay with him until he learns to stop doing things we used to do. Take care of him.

Eventually, he'll forget me. He will love you more than he loved me.

So remember this,

He is an artist by heart. He loves paintings so much that he'd prefer to stay in the museum all day than go out on the streets and play basketball. 

He'll take pictures of you in the most random and weirdest situation. Don't be shocked if his phone is full of your photos. You're his favorite subject because he loves you.

He's an adventurer. He likes to discover things. Go to places he'd never gone. And he'll make you a part of his adventures.

He'll be needy of your attention so love him for he never wanted to lose you.

You'll meet his family first before you can visit his apartment. Lucky you, you've found the right guy.

But most of all, he will respect you.  He was raised how to value women and he will value you for sure.

When he'd finally forgotten me, tell him I'm sorry. I hope he'll forgive me for not staying but I know he will, eventually. He's a good guy and he deserves someone like you. He deserves someone who will stay.

Love him for he will love you more than you expect.

Sincerely,

The girl he used to love