"Holy shit . . ." he trails off

My eyes widen. "Get out!" I yell but he's still standing in the same spot, staring at me like he's just noticing me for the first time.

"Shane. Get out!" I grit my teeth and walk towards him. I push him but he doesn't move an inch. I try to push him again but instead he grabs me by the shoulders holding me still.

We stare at each other. I dare myself to look at his lips. And I do. I peer into his eyes again. I want him to kiss me.

A whistle rips through the air.

"You know, as your big brother I would advice you to close the door" Ryan enters my room, Pepper behind him. She looks at me silently apologizing through her eyes.

I hold the towel tighter to my body. I have never been so embarrassed in my life. "Can you please get out." I say as calmly as I can. "All of you. Get out."

Shane watches me without an ounce of emotion. "No."

I furrow my brows. "Excuse me?"

He crosses his arms, leaning against my closet doors. "I'm not leaving. We need to talk. You didn't answer any of my phone calls."

I look at Ryan and Pepper. They're staring at each other with small little smirks that I want to slap off their faces like they know something we don't.

I bring my palms to my eyes in frustration. "Fine, just let me change first."

"Sure" he grins.

Ryan rolls his eyes. "Come on Pepper, let's leave." He whispers something to her that makes her laugh and looks at both Shane and I.

Shane follows behind them. "Don't worry I'll knock next time." He winks before shutting the door.

I groan falling back on my bed. I can't believe that just happened. Even though I was embarrassed they were all enjoying my humiliation. I wonder what was going on through Shane's mind?

I need to talk to him but first I need to change.

~|~

I watch Shane through the glass door. He's thinking hard about something. I can tell by the way he keeps twisting his ring on his thumb and the way his forehead creases almost like he's frowning.

I slide the door open making my presence known. His head snaps towards me. I bite my lip, slowly making my way towards him.

He slides over to make room for me on the swinging chair. I sit down leaving space between us. We sit in silence for about two minutes before we both speak at the same time.

I smile. "It's okay you go first."

"Gracie you know that I would never do anything to hurt you. So what I don't understand is why you walked away from me so suddenly?" He frowns scratching his head. "Did I hurt you? If I did please tell me, I-I would never-"

"Hey it's okay" I lay my hand on his. "Look it was my fault. My throat was killing me, I was just emotional that day and I got my period" I lie "so I was a mess. I was dramatic and I have no idea what got into me."

"Gracie why didn't you just tell me that. We could have left and I would have taken care of you. I could have gotten you chocolates. It's not the first time I'd be doing this."

"I know but I had Sarah so I was fine. Anyway it seemed like you were having fun and I didn't want to bother you."

He holds onto my hand tightly. "Gracie, when you left that party so did I. If you weren't gonna be there neither was I. "

I hug him. I dig my face into the crook of his neck and hold him tightly. My heartbeat is racing and I don't care if he feels it.

I smile so wide it hurts as he wraps his arms around my waist. He leans his chin on my shoulder. "Don't ever run away again" he whispers

I stay silent. I want to promise him that I won't. That it won't happen again. But I'm not sure I'm strong enough not to run away like the coward that I am when I can't face something.

So instead I kiss his cheek and stand. "Come on, I'm hungry. Does ice cream sound good to you?"

He looks up at me since he's still sitting down. The fact that I ignored his statement hangs in the air. He studies me but if it bothered him that I didn't answer he doesn't show it.

"Yeah" he smiles "sounds perfect"