Prologue

I closed my eyes as the bullet pierced through the skin covering my intestines. I was never afraid of war nor death. I was afraid what was going to be waiting for me once I died.

My lifeless body fell on the war ground and heard the scream of one of my soldiers. "Captain John Laurens has collapsed! I repeat, John Laurens is dead! Retreat, retreat!"

I opened my eyes and my vision was foggy but one thing I could see was the firing of British troops and hundreds of dead, lifeless soldiers.

I closed my eyes again knowing I wasn't going to get through this alive. I could feel a feeling that I didn't know but it felt like my body was being taken out of a glove and finally being freed.

I opened my eyes and I was at the Hamilton Household. What the hell was I doing here? I looked down at me and I was wearing the same thing as I did on the battlefield but with the gunshot wound and blood splattered on my chest. I went through the door like it didn't even exist. 

I saw Alexander working on essays in his office. "Hey Alex, why am I even here I was just in battle and now I'm at your house. Explain." I asked Alexander. No reply. I started waving my hands in front of him and he continued on his essays. What was going on?

I walked into a room with a crib in it and there was a baby in it. I looked at it giving a confused look. The baby woke up and started to cry.

"Shh shh hush little baby stop crying john laurens is here to... smile?" I sang to the baby still confused on what was going on right now. The baby stopped cryingand cooed.

I looked down at the thing and gave it a light grin. The baby smiled back at me. I suddenly felt a feeling tha I couldn't name because I never felt it. I was content and satisfied at the same time like I found what I was looking for.

Mrs. Hamilton rushes into the room, "Now there, there Phillip what were you crying about?" Aah Phillip was the name. Mrs. Hamilton picked him up, "There's no need to cry about anything because life is too short for so much sorrow."

I smiled at what Eliza said, Life is too short for so much sorrow.