Chapter Seventeen

"Catya where has California been lately?"  Ryland asked missing the friend he had in Cal.
"I dont know."  She answered bitterly poking at her green beans.
"I miss him he played princess with me."  Davina mumbled, mashed potatoes full in her mouth.
"Don't talk with your mouth full sweetie."  Holly warned her handing Davina a napkin to wipe her messy face. 
"Yeah and he would push me on the swing."  Tate smiled pointing to the swing set outside. 
"Look we broke up so he's not coming back."  Catya dropped her fork on her plate abruptly.
"Why did you break up?"  Matthew asked his daughter in worry.
"Cause it wasn't working out.  I don't have to explain myself." 
"You also don't have to be a jerk."  Ryland muttered.
"Yeah don't be a meanie."  Davina crossed her arms.  Times like these Catya hated having three siblings, they all ganged up on her. 
"I have a date tonight with someone else, I expect you'll all be nice to him when he comes to pick me up."
"We never said you could go anywhere tonight."  Matthew challenged her.
"Can I go out tonight?"
"Who are you going with?"
"His name is Sebastian."
"What's his last name."
"James.  What else do you need?  His address?  His parents phone numbers?  His social security number?"
"I'm sorry for wondering who you're going out with Catya.  Next time I'll just let you go wherever you want and do whatever you please." Matthew replied sarcastically.
"Thank you." Catya smiled. Soon after the door bell rang. Matthew beat Catya to the front door, much to her disliking. A young boy stood there. Instantly Matthew got a bad taste in his mouth.
"Mr. Espinosa, I'm Sebastian. It's a pleasure to meet you sir." The boy greeted. Matthew wasn't buying it. He shook Sebastian's hand anyways.
"What do you want with my daughter?"
"Dad stop."
"Well I think Catya is very beautiful and I'm interested in getting to know her better." Matthew couldn't picture his precious daughter with this boy. He preferred California.
"Mhm. Where are you taking her?" Matthew crossed his arms.
"Let's just go." Catya tried to walk past her father but Matthew blocked the doorway.
"I'm, um, we're going to the movies." Sebastian was nervous, like he knew Matthew was catching on,
"How lovely." Matthew wasn't an idiot. He pictured the movies and he picture kissing and touching.
"Matthew let the kids go." Holly spoke up knowing he would stall them there all night. "Now!" She demanded. He flinched backing away. Catya took her chance and dragged Sebastian away.
"Holly I don't trust that boy."
"You don't trust any boys."
"I especially don't trust him."
"Matthew she's a teenage girl, let her live. She'll make mistakes and get her heart broken. Its a part of growing up."
"Daddy can I have a boyfriend?" Davina asked swinging her legs.
"Absolutely not."
"How old do I have to be?"
"One hundred and thirty."
"But people don't live that long."
"Exactly."
"Well I'm gonna be a bad daughter and get a boyfriend."
"Well I'm gonna be a mad father and ground you from your toys."
"Never mind boys are gross anyways."
"Hey! Girls are grosser!" Tate intervened.
"You wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for a girl so ha." Davina stuck her tongue out at her brother.
"Well that's not true. Babies come from storks."
"You need to go back to school and learn more. You are not smart. Babies come from mommies. Because mommies are stronger than daddies so they can handle carrying the baby." Holly looked at her daughter in pride.
"Alright my little activist, it's time to brush your teeth." Matthew took Davina to the bathroom so she could wash up before it was her bedtime.
"Mommy why does Catya not like California anymore. I thought he was fun."
"Sometimes people decide they are happier not being together."
"Are you and daddy going to decide that?"
"No baby of course not. Your father and I love each other very much."
"Are you going to leave us with daddy."
"No, why would you think that?"
"Catya and Ryland both don't have their mommies."
"Well that's because Rylands mommy wasn't able to take care of him. But I am able to take care of you so you don't have to worry."
"What about Catya?"
"Catya' mommy had an accident and she isn't around anymore but ok she still cares for Catya from where she is now."
"So you aren't leaving?"
"No, never."
"Tate, your turn." Matthew called for his son.
"I love you."  Holly spoke sending her son off.

"Cameron."  Ala called after him as he walked to his car from their latest appointment. 
"Yeah?"  He turned around.
"Will you come home?"  Cameron's eyes widened as Ala's looked hopeful. 
"Of course."  He smiled feeling an overwhelming and emotional sense of relief and peace.  "Why?"
"I-I've missed you."
"Ala, I've missed you too."  He ran to her picking her up holding her closer than ever before.  "Where is this coming from?"  He asked as she was returned to the ground.
"I dont know.  I've felt this way for a while and I just want our family back together.  But I want us back too."  She admitted.
"That's all I've ever wanted."  Cameron smiled. 
"We were so focused on the kids and working we forgot the real reason we have it all in the first place.  Because we love each other.  The counselor was right.  We should spend more time together, by ourselves and remember when we only cared for us.  We should do more together."  Ala spilled her feelings, missing when they had an apartment in the city.  They'd wake up at eleven half naked keeping each other warm. 
He followed her home wondering how different it would be.  Ala was waiting in the driveway for him and took his hand as they walked inside.  Cameron's body filled with happiness and love at her touch.  He never wanted to let go again.  The door opened and he almost cried at the smell of home.  His home.  Their home.  "Ala."  He was speechless unable to comprehend what he was thinking or feeling. 
"The kids are gone.  They went to a movie."  Cameron stepped closer to his wife.  Happy he was still able to call her that.  His hand grazed her cheek.  She looked up at him with her longing innocent eyes.  The eyes he'd always adored.  Always loved.  He leant down slightly waiting for her to meet him halfway.  She quickly did and their lips connected, sparks electrifying them, holding them in their place.  Quickly Cameron and Ala stumbled into their bedroom unable to keep their hands off of each other for a second.  He laid her back gently kissing up her neck to her lips once more.
"What the hell?"  Cal's voice boomed through the room.  Cameron shot up off of his wife and Ala quickly stood. 
"I-."  Ala started not sure how to finish.
"I'm so confused."  Cal uttered.  Elijah waltzed in trying to find the commotion. 
"Dad, what are you doing her?"
"He was kissing Mom."  California explained. 
"What?"  Elijah yelled.
"Lets go in the living room."  Ala suggested.  The boys quickly left.  Cameron looked to Ala for direction.  She only smiled at him.  He was overcome with joy.  He had his family back. 
"Boys your father and I have been working on our problems as you know.  Now we haven't resolved them completely but, we love each other very much and we love you both very much.  So as of now your father is moving back in and the divorce is called off."  Elijah's eyes lit up as he leaped from his seat hugging his parents.  He knew they wouldn't split apart.  He believed in them.
"So what happens when you guys start fighting again?  Gonna get another divorce?"  Cal crossed his arms displeased. 
"California every couple fights, we just fought a little excessively but we've been talking about some stuff and we're better than we were.  We should've done this a long time ago.  We're gonna try to put this family back together again."
"But-."
"Cal stop trying to find something negative and enjoy that fact that our family is whole again."  Elijah protested. 
"You guys will take me back?"  Cameron asked his sons.
"Of course we will dad."  Eli answered.
"California?"  Cameron looked to his eldest and hardest to please son.
"We'll see how things go."  Cameron smiled knowing it was progress.
Ala grabbed her sons and pulled them into her Cameron caught on quickly and wrapped his arms around them also. 
"Our first family hug back together."  Elijah pointed out. 
"This is our first family hug ever."  Cal also pointed out. 
"We love you."  Cameron spoke for his wife.  "I love you."  Cameron spoke to his wife.