Chapter Three

In honor of me starting school tomorrow.
:(
//////////

Ala's POV

He just looked so lifeless. Hearing the straight run on of that machine, indicating he died. Is what killed me the most. How could he just die. Just like that. The doctor came running after me running around me. He tried CPR but it didn't work. He wouldn't wake up. He just wouldn't. Carter and Nash came running in. When they saw the machine they fell also. It was so hard to believe that he just died. Carter and Nash filled me in a hug. Which only made me cry harder. After about an hour of trying CPR and that annoying machine reminding all of us he was dead, I finally said something.
"Would you shut that damn machine off! We get it okay he's dead! He dead! He's dead!" I screamed. Tears blocking anymore words I wanted to say. Carter and Nash let out the tears they were holding back.
"I'm very sorry." The doctor said. He shouldn't be sorry he did all he could. It's Cameron's fault. He said it was. I can't believe it. Cameron Dallas is Matthew Espinosa's murderer. I could only think those six words, all others were blocked.
"He needs some kind of electricity. Or spark." The one nurse said.
"Go get the kit." The doctor said. But I immediately thought of an idea.
I was going to save Matthew Espinosa.
I slowly walked over to him. When I finally reached his bed I sat down. Tears flowing out of my eyes. I grabbed his hand, hoping but knowing he wouldn't grab it back this time. The doctor backed away and so did the nurses. They weren't sure of what I was doing. But I was. I wasn't sure if It would work. But at least I would try to save his life. It's the least I could do after he saved mine. Nash and Carter both stood up. Wiping their eyes. They walked by the doctor and nurse observing me. They were all confused, so was I.
Then right there I was about to do the unthinkable, something I thought I would never do, something I thought would never work. I was about to test something I didn't believe in: true love. I was about to kiss Matthew Espinosa.
I leaned in, taking a deep breath. When I was about an inch away I closed my eyes taking one more deep breath. The nurse ran in with the kit then dropped it. Just as my lips connected with Matthews.
I felt it. I felt the sparks. I felt the electricity the nurse said was needed. I felt it all. I felt something I never thought was real, something I thought was all a myth.
I released my lips from his hoping for a miracle. I just watched him with hope and doubt written on my face. Nothing. My heart was crushed by the weight of losing him, when I barely got to know him.
My thoughts were interrupted by a sniffling. I looked around, then looked at Matthew. I swore I saw his eye twitch, I was probably hallucinating. This moment is when that false hope I was talking about really gets to you and the world crumples around you.
This time it was real hope that interrupted. Real hope. Hope and a miracle. Everyone stood there unable to move. I stood up and backed away in fear. It wasn't supposed to work I was just being an idiot. Matthew's beautiful hazel eyes fluttered open. And I backed away more.
"Ala?" Matthew spoke softly. "What happened?" I shook my head without answering. I couldn't speak. This was a dream. It had to be.
"Francesca." The doctor said in shock. The young nurse looked at him. "Please go tell Phil the MRI needs to be set up." She nodded and left the room. I knew what I had to do. I knew my decision.

I walked back to Cameron's room not bothering to knock. I waltzed right in there immediately embracing him.
"Ala? Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I have my decision."
"And?"
"I choose you." I said smiling, this was right, I felt it.
"What?" He asked amazed.
"Just kiss me, Cameron Alexander Dallas." I laughed.
"Yes ma'am." He replied picking me up and connecting our lips. I was already on cloud nine. I could trust him, I just knew I could. "I know I barely know you. But I already love you. God I'm so in love. I promise, I will treat you like a princess. I will never hurt you. I will never let anything hurt you. You won't regret this decision." He smiled.
"I know I won't." I replied kissing him again, I loved the feeling of his lips on mine, it was like magic.
"I am the luckiest man ever." He whispered. I just smiled in return and left our foreheads pressed together. After a few more moments of silence Cameron spoke again. "So does this mean we're like, dating?"
"Nope. You need to prove yourself worthy. Why do you think you deserve all this?" I said sassily. He laughed.
"Fine, I'm being released, so let me take you out."
"Kay." I smiled.
"You look beautiful by the way." He said while preparing himself to leave. I blushed and smiled.
"Thanks." I replied.
"I guess we should go tell everyone were leaving." He said grabbing my hand and going next door to Matthew's room. Matthew was still talking to Francesca, but he seemed happy, which made me happy. And I had Cameron, so I was as happy as could be.
"Hey, who's this?" Cameron asked, referring to Francesca.
"This is Francesca. She saved my life." Matthew replied looking at her like she was the queen of humanity. I saved his life? And I know there were sparks when we kissed, they woke him up. But there was no way I could ever be with him. It was enough to wake him up from... From death. That scares me. And I don't want that.
"Well that's cool." Cameron said obviously confused. "I'm glad you're okay. Um Ala and I are going out, so we'll see you all later." Cameron smiled placing his arm around my shoulder. I smiled at them all and we left.
We were driving around downtown Dallas. The buildings were huge. It was also getting dark, so it was beautiful seeing all the lights beeming from the buildings. "Shall we?" Cameron asked, as the taxi pulled to a stop.
"We shall." I smiled. Damn I was doing that a lot. Cameron paid the taxi and we got out. He immediately grabbed my hand tightly as we walked around the streets.
"Damn baby." I heard behind me, I turned around along with Cameron. A group of guys were standing there checking me out.
"Excuse you?" Cameron said pushing me behind him slightly.
"Hey bro, you should share her. You could make some serious do; re; me; off her. If ya know what I mean." One of them smirked. Cameron's jaw clenched.
"Look, you jackasses need to find a better hobby than harassing young women. That's sick, and degrading. Honestly get a life and learn how to treat a girl." Cameron snarled. They shut up and turned the other way, I smiled lightly.
"Thanks Cameron." I said.
"Of course. No one should be treated that lowly, especially you." He said pecking my lips.
"I think you just proved yourself." I whispered.
"What?! Really?!" He yelled excitedly, jumping up and down. I nodded laughing. "Hallelujah! God what did I do to deserve this?! Thank you! Thank you! I'm the luckiest person alive!" Cameron yelled picking me up and spinning me around in a circle. I laughed.
"You're really excited?" I asked amazed that a person could have this reaction, over me of all people.
"I'm the happiest, luckiest person in history." He said picking me up. "I could run a mile." He laughed. And that's what he did. He ran with me in his arms. Until we reached a fence. He set me down catching his breath. He then lifted himself up to see what was beyond the fence. I saw a smirk plaster across his face, oh no. What could it be? "Come here." He instructed, I came closer. "Were going to climb the fence okay?" He asked clarifying this whole thing with me.
"Kay." I smiled and we both started climbing. Once I reached the top I saw what his smirk was all about. There was an abandoned theme park. A smaller one, but still, a theme park. We landed on the other side of the fence. Cameron dragged me around until we found the Ferris Wheel it was difficult to find seeing as it was dark outside. Cameron turned his phones flash light on and looked around the control panel before hitting a button causing all of the lights on the Ferris Wheel to ignite. I stood there amazed. All of the seats were rusted and stiff.
"You cool if we climb to the top?" He asked stepped on the first seat.
"Really?" I couldn't believe there was actually someone out there rebellious like me. Thinking the exact same things as me.
"Yeah you can go first so I can catch you if you fall." He smirked.
"Or is it so you can stare at my butt?" I asked climbing in front of him onto the second seat.
"That's just a bonus." He laughed. We climbed all the way to the very top, it was a difficult climb. And now that we were here I wasn't sure I would be able to get back down. But I didn't care. We sat on the very top seat and admired the city. Above limits. Breaking limits. It felt amazing. I felt free. I felt so powerful. I felt so loved. I felt so happy. And lucky. I felt that life couldn't get better.