Chapter Eighteen- Part 2

Start from the beginning

As if on cue, Finn came walking over to me. He was on the right side of the stage while I stood in the middle of the backstage. He stopped in front of me, the two of us just staring at each other. I decided to break the silence.

"You're going to be amazing up there." I smiled, playing with my hair.

He looked me in the eyes, "I love you."

My heart fluttered in my chest. Finn Hudson loves me. I guess I always knew, since the date and all, but hearing him say it just made it into reality. As much as I wanted to tell him to find someone else, someone who wasn't so emotionally whacked-out, I couldn't. Why? Because, I love him too.

Before I could respond the announcer cut us off by introducing the club. I just smiled at him, hopefully showing him that I felt the same way. He gave me that cute half smile.

"Break a leg." He walked back to his spot.

I took a deep breath as I opened the curtain and stopped on the top stair of the three steps that were on the stage. I began the song with the riffs then began the lyrics once the spotlight shined on me. ((Bold is the background AND the lead together-New Directions and Finn or Lizzie)

Remember love

Remember you and me

Remember everything we shared

On this planet when we cared

I stepped on the second step

Remember hearts

Remember unity

Remember loving neighbors without expecting favors

I continued to sing as I stepped on the last step

Why be afraid

To make an honest mistake

If you acknowledge the pain

I was now at the very front of the stage, the audience right in my face.

And you wanna change

You can get through anything

Do you remember at all

People walking hand in hand

Can we feel that love again

Can you imagine it all

If we all could get along

Then we all could sing this song together

When I sang the world 'Together', the New Directions (excluding Finn) walked on the stage.  

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Singing

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Finn then entered the stage, I bit my lip. He looked so attractive in his Nationals outfit, I shook the thoughts out of my head as I danced with the group of girls. He stared right at me as he sang the first two lines.

Look at me

Look at you

Now look at me again

See we're not so different

Look around

Take what you see