Epilogue / Daisie loves her Delivery Boy

Start from the beginning

Holding two cups of hazelnut coffee, I briefly glanced down at my exposed feet and let out a small smile. Having a cast on for half a year was a weird adjustment, but it was even more bizarre having it taken off. When I got my cast off last February, it was like I was reborn again. I nearly danced around the doctor's office. 

I would never forget the look on Bryce's face when he watched me acting ridiculous.

"Daisie!"

A smile grew on my face because I already knew who called. 

Following Bryce's voice, I found him walking towards me in that stylish business suit of his. Looked like Bryce finished his meeting earlier than he said. Ever since last year, we both work together for Phoenix Empire. Bryce's mother had been helping me get adjusted into the company, and everything was working well so far.

Bryce grinned brightly as those icy blue eyes practically glowed from the sunlight. When he reached a reasonable distance, he instantly planted a kiss on my cheek which caused all sorts of butterflies to flutter around my stomach.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," he tried to explain, but I immediately cut him off by shaking my head.

I insisted, "Don't worry about it. Here, you look tired." 

Smiling, I handed him the coffee cup, and Bryce's face expressed joy. Taking the cup, he winked.

"Tired? When I'm with you, you always wash my tiredness away."

A laugh escaped from me, yet I felt myself turning red in the cheeks.

"Bryce, you know that doesn't work on me."

Bryce smirked as he teased, "Here we go again." 

He knew that I was always in denial. These heartstrings of mine would never stop being tugged. Bryce glanced off momentarily at the wishing well beside us.

He pointed out, "Come to think of it, I've never seen you make a wish since this was finished. You're not going to?"

I grinned, shaking my head once again.

"Nope." 

Slightly confused, Bryce raised his eyebrows and asked, "Daisie, it's your own idea. Why don't you try it?"

Fighting the smile growing on my face, I replied honestly, "Because I don't need to wish for anything else. My wish was granted the moment we were together."

As soon as I said that, I immediately noticed the heartfelt look appearing on Bryce's face. I, Maisie Lockhart, was also able to tug heartstrings as well.

Bryce smiled, trying to cover that tint of red growing on his cheeks.

"I'm the one who was supposed to say that."

"Too bad, I beat you," I joked before we soon laughed together. 

Taking a sip of my coffee, I soon remembered that Bryce called me to meet him here for a reason. Looking back at him, I was about to ask why until he stopped me. Bryce's words seemed cryptic right now.

"I think there's one more wish that needs to be granted. For you... and for me."

Growing curious, I placed the cup away from my lips and tilted my head.

"One more?" 

All sorts of thoughts and questions were swirling around my head. 

Bryce grinned.

"Close your eyes." 

Even though I couldn't read Bryce's current facial expression, I followed his words anyway. My heart started to race as I wondered what Bryce was planning to do.