Aya Shameimaru

Requested by FisterWae

1. She's the star of the 'Bunkachou' games Shoot the Bullet and Double Spoiler, as well as Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red and Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia, which feature articles written by Aya for her newspaper.

2. She's also a playable character in Hidden Star in Four Seasons.

3. She can either be very determined in getting photos, or very ditzy. Aya is portrayed in both canon/fanon as mostly ditzy.

4. With her polite, humble way of speaking and apparently trivial motives, it's easy to forget that Aya is over a thousand years old and one of the stronger named characters in the series.

5. In Forbidden Scrollery when she easily silences Kosuzu after she freaks out upon Aya revealing her true identity as a tengu, there's an unspoken but present implication that if Aya so desired she could've easily killed Kosuzu before she even had a chance to react.

6. Aya dresses as a paperboy as part of a disguise in Forbidden Scrollery to try and move among the humans without drawing attention to herself.

7. As a crow tengu, she has the traditional fan and the wind power to match.

8. Her catchphrase is "Ayayayaya!"

9. Aya's walking animation in the fighting games has her taking notes on her notepad while she walks. In the middle of a spell card duel. She doesn't waste any time in preparing her articles, it seems.

10. Despite the fact that she and Momiji do not get along, Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia reveals that both resent the fact that despite their loyalty and hard work for Lord Tenma and the other greater tengu, they're both stuck in their respective castes.

11. Aya is strong enough that she'll sometimes beat the person she's interviewing in the midst of combat completely by accident.

12. She is inconsistently shown with and without crow wings in official works, but has yet to be seen with wings in any of the games. Forbidden Scrollery however shows that she can hide and show them at will.

13. She admits to playing fast and loose with the truth when it suits her needs. Also her comments about Nitori make no sense unless we invoke this.