Sumireko Usami

Requested by PKGZREADS (sort of)

1. Sumireko has the manipulation of psychic abilities, yet is from the Ouside World...curious.

2. Her connections to Renko Usami, whom she shares her namesake with, are currently unknown. It is likely that she is related to Renko.

3. Mokou is a friend / 'respected rival' of hers. Wonder how that would work.

4. Sumireko is the first final boss to be a human from outside Gensokyo since PoDD, Yumemi Okazaki.

5. The silhouette of Sumireko occupies the front of Urban Legend in Limbo's jewel case.

6. The runes on her cape do not appear to form any real words, and some are even drawn from different runic alphabets.

7. Sumireko manages to break through the Great Hakurei Barrier by using some power from the Occult Balls, which are special stones gathered from Mystery Spots outside of
Gensokyo.

8. The Occult balls turn out to be dangerously temporary, warping her back to the Outside World after a certain period of time. After studying this, she would go to Gensokyo in short intervals to explore.

9. Eventually, Sumireko devises a plan: spread rumors of the occult ball's powers, then scatter them around Gensokyo for its residents to find before being 'spirited away'. Once the balls are gathered, they warp back to the Outside World, along with anyone holding them. This is how the plot of ULiL began.

10. Following her defeat and the end of her Incident, Sumireko gains a sense of respect for the people of Gensokyo and decides to form a friendship with them.

11. Sumireko has a superiority disposition, she considers herself higher in rank that most others, and can't stand to be around those she considers lower than herself.

12. After the events of ULiL, Sumireko learns to access Gensokyo as an astral projection through sleep.