Dinner and Curse

Natalia's POV

Nothing much has happened since we left Port Royal, Elizabeth and I took turns sleeping. We had small breakfast and lunch brought for us to eat. So far no one has talked to us and I've been thinking of ways we could escape. But the door is always locked after our food is delivered then taken away. The window is also locked, but we could break it. Then we'd have to swim all the way back to Port Royal and no doubt they'd catch us before then. Elizabeth and I are still in our nightgowns from when they caught us. Honestly I fault a little vulnerable in mine without my daggers.

It's a full moon tonight and I was looking out the window while Elizabeth looked at the shelves. When Pintel and Ragetti appeared carrying a separate dress each. "You'll be dining with the captain tonight, he requests you wear this" Pintel tells us. Elizabeth and I shared a look before turning back to the pirates.

"Well you can tell the captain" I start saying.

"That we are disinclined to acquiesce to his request" Elizabeth finishes.

"He said you'd say that" Pintel states after he and Ragetti chuckle. "He also said if that be the case, you'll be dining with the crew and you'll be naked" he informs us. Elizabeth and I snatch the dresses from them & they leave to let us change. I help Elizabeth into her maroon dress and she helped me into my blue one.

Ragetti and Pintel then show us to the captains cabin, where a small feast was waiting. Elizabeth and I sat down before we began to ate. Elizabeth eating all lady like while I tore chucks off with my fork and eat. "No need to impress anyone, you both must be hungry" Barbossa tells us.

Elizabeth starts eating the leg and rolls with her hands. While I drink my whole glass of water before taking an apple. I used a knife cutting off pieces to eat, while I noticed Elizabeth hide her knife. "So captain Barbossa want do you want with my maid?" I ask casually.

"Why don't you try some wine?" he asks pouring a glass.

"I don't like wine" I state.

"It's poisoned" Elizabeth says.

"There is no point in killing you both" Barbossa states.

"Then why not let us go? You have your trinket we are no longer any value to you" Elizabeth asks.

"Do you not know want this is?" he asks holding up the medallion.

"It's a pirate medallion" Elizabeth states.

"An aztec cold one" I state and Barbossa nods his head. "I thought that was all  a myth" I state remembering the curse I had read about.

"As did we before we found Ilse De Muerta" Barbossa states. "There we found the chest of Cortez himself and we took them all. The haven gods placed a terrible curse upon the gold medallions" he explains. "And that anyone who took a piece of gold from the chest would be punished for eternity" he states.

"I hardly believe in ghost stories anymore Captain Barbossa" Elizabeth states and I roll my eyes at her.

"Aye, but find the chest we did and we took all the gold. It was only after we sold it that we began to realize. That drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not sedate our lust" Barbossa explains. "We are cursed men Miss Turner" he tells her.

"There is only one way to break your curse, isn't there?" I ask.

"Aye, all the pieces need to be returned and blood repaid" Barbossa states. As the monkey was on his shoulder holding the medallion. "Thanks to you two we have the final piece" he tells us.

"And the blood to be repaid?" Elizabeth asks.

"That's why there's no sense in killing you yet" Barbossa states taking a but of an apple. Then Elizabeth reveals the knife she had hidden and I shake my head. I pour some more water for myself as the monkey jumps onto my shoulder. I watched how Elizabeth stabbed Barbossa and he pulled it out.

She then ran out of the room to the deck as I shake my head. "Always head strong she is, not good for a maid. But she is a good friend" I state. "Come let's retrieve before your crew scare her even more" I tell Barbossa as I stand up.

"Why did you not try to escape?" he asks.

"I think clearly and besides you can't be killed" I state. "But I am curious, why keep me around? Is just to get a ransom from my father?" I ask.

"You have the blood of a sailor and I believe you'd make a good pirate" Barbossa states. "I wish to offer you a deal, but we'll discuss that later" he informs me. We reached the door and he grabs Elizabeth as she tried running from the cursed crew. That are all skeletons now in the moon light.

"The moon shows us for want we are" Barbossa tells her after making her face the moon. "We are not among the living and cannot die. But neither are we dead" he explains letting her go. "For to long I've been perched of thirst and have not died. For too long I have starved to death and not died. I'll feel nothing; not the wind on my face or the spray of the sea. Not the warmth of a woman's flesh" he states reaching a hand out to her. It turned into a skeleton hand as the moonlight hit it.

"You had best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner you're in one" he states stepping fully into the moonlight. She runs back in the room we were eating in and I follow her slowly. I heard Barbossa give the crew an order to get back to work.

"Honestly Elizabeth use your brain next time" I state. She was cowering in a corner hugging her legs to her chest. "They're not that scary Elizabeth, there are fair worse pirates out there" I tell her as I sit down beside her.

A/N

Picture above of pirate crew in moonlight and picture on the external link of Natalia's dark blue dress.