Chap 37

~Jeanine~

Hospitals always freak me out. The thought of all the people who have died in here and that there is a freaking morgue somewhere in the basement! A shiver ran down my spine as I walked down the hall to Aiden's room. The feeling of dread washed over me again as I neared the door. I still couldn't believe that my best friend was stuck in a coma. I stood from the door way looking at him lying there motionless, it's been over a month and he still wouldn't wake up. I was kind of shocked that Liam wasn't in here like he always is. Walking closer to the edge of the bed the tears were filling up in my eyes as I stared down at him.

"Hey Aiden." I softly said.

I heard that coma patients can hear you so I didn't feel stupid talking to his unconscious body. I set my purse down on the side table and turned to sit on the bed with him.

"We miss you around school, A." I took his hand in mine.

"We have so much to catch up on when you realize what an asshole you've been and wake up." I chided playfully. My smile vanished though when I thought about all that we would be talking about. Like how Dom was a flipping werewolf! I closed my eyes as my heart squeezed at the memory of that day.

I didn't realize that I was shaking till I opened my eyes to see that the room was moving unusually.

"Aiden, Dom told me a secret that I'm not sure how to handle." I whispered to him; scooting further on the bed, my legs drawn up against my chest as I leaned on the back of the plastic bed frame by his feet.

"What do I do?" I asked staring blankly at the white wall ahead of me. "I'm confused and scared." And of course I got no answer. Sighing I trained my eyes back on Aiden. His eyes closed, his still pale face.

"You'd probably call me a crazy if I told you. I bet if I was overheard, they would throw me down in the psych ward for evaluations and tests to see if I really am crazy." I laughed humorlessly.

"I like him, A. But how can I be with Dom if I'm scared of him all the time?" The response to my question was the constant beeping of his heart monitor and noisy respirator. My arms tightened around my legs.

"I've been ignoring him and trying my hardest to stay as far from him as possible. I feel bad about it but what am I supposed to do?" I was starting to choke on a sobbed that began to form in my throat. Maybe it was the thought of how indifferent and mean I've been to Dom or that I wanted Aiden to answer me back; needed him to tell me what to do.

I crawled closer to him and laid beside him placing my head on his shoulder like I always did when we talked about important things.

"I know I'm hurting him, I can see it in his eyes and it's tearing me up inside." I stifled a smile as I thought of what Aiden would say to that.

'Well damn J, if it's doing all this to you it's not worth making yourself suffer. Screw it and go for it!'

"I know what you would say but you haven't seen him." I whispered to him.

*Flashback*

We were sitting in the living room at my house watching T.V. I could tell something was wrong with Dom but I had yet to ask him. He was fidgety and constantly peering at me from the corner of his eye throughout the movie till I couldn't take it anymore.

"Dammit Dom what's wrong with you?" I demanded swirly jumping from the couch and glaring down at him. I was playing with him but my playfulness soon dispersed as I saw his face. The serious and scared look on his face caused me to change my attitude to worry. I knelt in front of him grabbing his hand in mine.