Chap 4

~Aiden~

After that crazy family episode Jeanine, Eric and I made plans to hang at Starbucks for a while. It was our favorite hangout spot.

It was a Sunday and I was dying to get out of this house, Nash was still hounding me about what mom was talking about on Friday. He just didn't believe me and I was starting to get annoyed. I literally had to slam the door in his face and lock it; he was knocking yelling to open the door for a whole five minutes till he finally gave up. I mean damn do I looked like a damsel in distress?! I can handle myself,

Jeez!

And this is the reason why I'm planning my escape from this loony bin I call a home. I took a quick shower, towel dried my hair; my hair was naturally straight so I didn't have to waste my time on it. I bumped into Connie on the way down stairs. I quickly grabbed her by the arms and steadied her on her feet.

"Dang Con, my bad" I said to her, I really don't think that she heard me though since she hand her iPod in. I walked past her into the kitchen where my dad was drinking coffee and reading a new book. Sitting at the table across him I took an orange off the table and began to peel it.

It was silent for a long while.

I was half done with my orange when my dad finally looked up from him book and said something.

"So what's on your agenda for today?" He asked meeting my gaze. I shrugged stuffing the rest of my orange in my mouth.

"Eric and J are coming to pick me up to go to Starbucks" I got up to throw the peels away and turn towards him leaning a hip on the counter. He nodded taking a sip of coffee.

"You should bring Connie with you. She's been bored all day" he suggested. I frowned at him like he was crazy; Connie has friends she doesn't need to hang out with mine.

"She has her own friends; she doesn't need to hang with mine." I voiced my thoughts. He sighed and shook his head.

"I think her and Jennifer had a fight, she's been moping around here all weekend. So I thought you could be a good big brother and take her mind off of it. Or is that just social suicide" he said with a fake shocked face. I suppressed my smile as I shook my head at him.

"Okay, okay I'll take her." I huffed at him leaving the kitchen with slouched shoulders.

I knocked on Connie's door,

"Come in" she yelled.

Opening the door I saw her laid out on her back reading some teen magazine.

'Con and her magazines' I thought mentally shaking my head.

I looked around her room and saw all the posters and articles she had torn from them tapped to her walls. Her room was a sky blue but every inch of the walls were coved in her stupid posters and pictures of friends. Looking over to her, she was staring at me impatiently.

"Hurry up and get dressed were going out" I said before turning to leave.

"Okay" her chipper voice followed me as I left. I grabbed my phone from my room and called J.

"Hey man"

Eric's voice startled me, did I call the right person? As I was about to check he said,

"Yes you called the right number dumbass, but J's driving." He said. I rolled my eyes; smart ass.

"We're almost there!" I heard J yell through the phone.

"Yeah like she said we're almost there" he said.