1. The River's Edge

Hiii, if this comes up as published newly again, I'm just making some edits to typos I've noticed, and I will eventually start adding back outfit sets to the chapters properly but for now I'm just fixing typos.

Our story is about a town; a small town. And the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns, all over the world; safe, decent, innocent...

Get closer though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale. 

And our story begins, I guess, with what the Blossom twins did this summer. On the fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride. 

The next thing we know happened for sure; is that Dilton Doiley, who was leading Riverdale's boy scout troupe on a bird watching expedition; came upon Cheryl, by the river's edge.

Riverdale police dragged Sweetwater River for Jason's body. But never found it. So a week later, the Blossom family buried an empty casket. And Jason's death was ruled an accident. The story Cheryl told made the rounds; Cheryl dropped a glove in the water and Jason reached down to get it. And accidentally tipped the boat. And panicked; and drowned. As for us, we were still talking about the July 4th tragedy. On the last day of summer vacation, a new mystery rolled into town. 

________________________________________________

My name is y/n Andrews. My brother's name is Archie, well, he's my twin. We live in Riverdale with our Dad. Archie is going to meet Betty at Pop's so I'm stuck at home watching Netflix with Vegas. It's been chaos ever since the death of Jason Blossom. Archie has gotten so protective over me, since it was a twin who died. He's just being paranoid though. 

I got up early the next morning for the first day back at school

I got up early the next morning for the first day back at school. "Hey dad it's the first day of school and I'm already late!" My brother called as he ran down the stairs. I rolled my eyes. He's always the last to get up. Archie kissed my forehead when he came into the kitchen.

"Are you stopping by the site later?" Dad asked, widening the doors to his office. "Dad, it's my first day."

"Yeah we gotta get you going in the office. So next summer, you're not on the crew."

"Well, I can't I got football tryouts." Archie answered. "Or is that not okay?" Archie asked, after a moment of silence from Dad. "No, no it's uh, it's okay. Good luck." Dad answered. I picked up my bag and said goodbye to Dad and then Archie and I left the house. 

_____________________________________________________

"Alright Arch I'll see you later, I'm gonna go find Betty." I said, and patted my brother on his shoulder. "Okay, see ya." He said, not taking his eyes off the song lyrics he was reading. He really wants to go further with music.

"Hey Y/n how are you?" I saw Reggie when I turned around, he had a teasing smirk on his face. "Leave me alone, Reggie, please." I said, rolling my eyes as I walked past him, earning 'ooh's' from his friends. I don't know when it started but he has taken up a habit of saying hello to me in the morning. Will I ever know the reason why? Probably not.