Chapter 5

Serena's POV

I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach and tears pouring our from my eyes. Anyone would have thought that I went crazy but actually, it was crazy.

 Ash kissed me to escape Marina and my little cry baby thought that Ash was practicing to make their first kiss perfect. I was laughing like a person who learnt to laugh after smile-less years of pain and loss. But anyone would have behaved like me, right? Confused whether my reaction was right or wrong I stood up wiping the last tears still holding my stomach from the pain. I looked at Ash who was really disappointed in me. 

Well I need to sort things out later. Then I looked at a dumbstruck Marina. I walked up to her and hugged her tightly. 

"I am ready for my brother-in-law," I joked. 

Marina blushed and giggled as she hugged me back. I released her from the hug and saw a visibly angry Ash. After all I just made him my brother-in-law. I walked to him and opened my arms. But instead of hugging me, he backed off. I was surprised. Ash would always try to hug me no matter what. And now he just stepped back and turned his gaze away. 

"Ash I-," I tried.

"Thanks Serena," he said, sounding somewhat hurt, "for already accepting me as your brother-in-law. I was afraid that maybe you wouldn't," he said sarcastically as he went to Marina and took her hand. "I don't know what future holds for us Marina but if," he said as he turned to me "this is what destiny holds for us," he said as he turned back to Marina "I am ready."

I was shocked. Ash took it seriously. 

Ash was damn serious about it. All I did was just mess around with him a bit.
I was still standing there within my mouth agape. I saw them leave, hand in hand. It stung. It stung very badly. I hated myself because I broke the trust of my only friend whom I knew since childhood. I opened the door and rushed downstairs. I was panting when I reached the dining room. I saw Marina feeding Ash. I don't know what came over me but I walked to them and ate the macron Marina was holding. 

"What for Serena?" Asked Marina, clearly annoyed that I ruined her moment with Ash.

"I was hungry, sis." I said as I munched and gulped the macron. 

Yum, it was delicious!

I turned to see Ash having a huge smile on his face. I smiled back. I turned and headed upstairs glad to know that Ash wasn't angry anymore.

After around an hour, Ash came in with a devil smirk on his face. I shrugged and shook my head, clearly not understanding why he was here.

"Well someone was not happy with my future bride," he said as he walked towards me.

Ash's POV

"Well, I was pleased with the bride but I didn't want my brother-in-law to be angry with his soon to be sister-in-law," she replied with an equally huge smirk as me. I walked to her and sat beside her.

"Since when did you start getting annoyed if I talk about a girl?" I asked still not believing that it was Sere who came down and ate a macron to save me from a girl's clutches.

"I wasn't saving you, idiot, but I was sad thinking that since you were angry with me I could tease no one now. So I just came to help my laughing stock," she replied calmly as she kept reading a book.

"Laughing stock or, love?" I whispered in her ear. I could feel her flinching a little as I kept in my giggles at her reaction. 

"Love for my brother, dummy," she said as she pushed me away from her ear and punched my arm. It was painful.

I held on to my arm and rubbed it. Serena's fist was hard as a rock.

"Are you sure it was love for a brother?" I asked, crossing my arms in front of my chest and smirking. She gave me a death stare. Okay now is the time to run. I rushed out the room and closed the door behind me. I heard Serena shout a 'hey' as I rushed outside.

Phew! That was close. Or else I would go home with a black eye. 

I started walking to the living room. But only to meet my-so-called-fiance. I gave her a fake smile and grabbed my bag. I waved and was about to exit when she grabbed my arm. I sighed and turned around and held her by her shoulder and whispered, "until we are not married I can go home". She have me smile and hugged me. Her perfume reached my nose. 

I frowned. 

I was not was not used to perfume. I broke the hug and waved again and left, this time almost running.

When I reached home, I went up to my room and bolted it from the he inside. My Mom was seldom home so I was usually at Serena's. Her home had become my second home now. I recalled the days' events and smiled to myself. 

It was an exciting day. And I couldn't wait for the next day.