Chapter 1 - Sound of goodbye

The morning sun rose to the blue morning sky. Link woke up when the yellow beams of the sun reached his face through his bedroom window. He tried to close his eyes to continue sleeping but the sun was too bright. Sligthly annoyed he sat up to the edge of his comfy bed. He dressed up into his everyday green tunic, somewhat baggy pants and dark boots. He exited his room and walked to the kitchen.

"Oh my, Link dear! Why are you up so early? Are you sick?" His mother joked sweetly as she prepared breakfast.

"It was about time you woke up early, you're nearly seventeen. When you're an adult you cannot live like that." Father scolded him behind his newspaper.

Link sighed. "I know that." He spat back.

"Why such an attitude, boy?" Father lowered the newspaper and frowned.

"Let's calm down, now shall we?" Mother interrupted smiling and brought some honey covered crepes to the table. They smelled heavenly. The freshly picked berries between the delicious dough and the golden honey on top made for a perfect breakfast. Link loved the food mother cooks, dare he say it was the best in whole castle town.
Speaking of castle town, Link didn't really know why was this city he has grown up even called that. There was no castle anywhere nearby. Infact there was no castle in whole Hyrule. And there never has been. Atleast according to mother.

"Mother, why is our town called castle town?" Link then decided to ask as he filled his mouth with the crepes and carrot juice.

Mother was silent for a quick moment, she looked at Link and then her husband. "Why won't you ask from your father? I don't really know." She said nervously, while still trying to hold onto the smile she always had upon her pale face.

"I - eh? I'm not really sure either." Father coughed a couple times. He thought for a while. "Ask from commander Pipit when he arrives." He then suggested.

Link looked at his parents confused. He had always thought they'd know the reason, but apparently he was wrong for this whole time. Maybe in the distant past there had been a castle of sorts. But that would have to been very, very long ago. Because the two respected corps were in the lead of this land. Father belonged to the forces of the second corps so Link wondered how he had no idea about the whole castle town thing. Maybe nobody did. Maybe he was just overthinking things again, like he always does. But the idea of a castle pleased his mind. Just imagine how amazing would it be! It'd look gorgeous and a real, genuine royal family would be in the lead! Amazing! The thought of all of this made Link smile.

A gentle knock could then be heard coming from the other side of the door. "Oh! It looks like the commander is already here!" Father raised his eyebrow and stood up. Someone knocked again, this time with more power, making sure that whoever was to open the door, would hear it. "Coming!" Father yelled as he made his way to the door.

Father openend the door and started greeting the visitor. "Commander Pipit! I've been w-" He fell backwards and hit the floor just as fast as a bloody knife exited his stomach.

Two men stepped inside the house. Kicking the body of Link's dead father away from their way. "Hello." They greeted.

Mother's eyes widened as she saw her dead husband lying in the cold floor. She slowly grabbed the sharp kitchen knife and hid it behind her back as she stood behind the kitchen counter.

"You saw what happened to him, you two are next, by the orders of lord Ganondorf we are here today." One of the two men said almost emotionless.

Mother let out a long cold scream and ran toward the men wielding the knife in her hand. Before she had the chance to stab either of the men the other one grabbed her hands and started a fight against her. "Link, run!" Mother screamed and looked at him.