You're back |Draco Malfoy|

It was finally over. The raging war was over. One would think they'd have peace but you stood face to face with Draco. In that way you were still in a war but a different one.

You shook your head as you scoff. "Did you think this would change anything?" You looked up at Draco, "It doesn't." It hurt you to say it but it needed to be said. It was the honest truth no matter how hurtful it was for both of you.

His eyes pleaded with you. "(Y/N), please."

You shook your head. "Don't. I remember your words vividly." September first. You hadn't even arrived at Hogwarts yet, and he crushed your heart on the platform.

"I lied when I told you I didn't love you or had feelings for you. You needed to move on from me because- I needed to protect you from me." You understood that much. You truly did but things, like always, were complicated. There never seemed to be anything easy. It was one complication after the other.

You bit down on your lip. "It's not fair to Nathaniel. It's not fair that I break up with him just because you came back."

Draco stepped closer to you. "Can you look me in the eyes and tell me you feel nothing?"

You looked up at him. "I do have feelings for you. I do," You glanced down and then back at him, "but I have feelings for him too. I can't just leave him because you're back. I'm sorry."