I'm sorry•Hermione Granger

You currently sat in the library finishing an essay when you hear a certain voice. You look up and see Ginny enter the library along with Parvati, a smile on both of their faces.

You've had a crush on the young Weasley for a couple months now. She walked towards an empty table with her book bag in her hand. Ginny ran her fingers through her hair as she took a seat.

You're snapped out of your thoughts when you see a hand waving in front of you. You glance over at the irritated brunette. "What?" You question causing her to narrow her eyes.

"I asked if you were done with your essay. What are you looking at anyways?" She questioned looking around to where you were looking. Then she turns back to you. "Do you have a crush on Ginny?" She questions causing your face to turn red.

"Am I really that obvious?" You questions biting your lip as you glance back at Ginny who's focused on what looks like an essay. Her quill moving across the parchment rather quickly.

You turned back to Hermione who was looking down at her parchment. "Yeah, it was. I've got to go I'm done with my essay." She says before grabbing her bag and parchment and you could have swore you only saw four inches of writing. "Okay I'll see you tomorrow." You say, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

- -

You sigh in frustration. You'd hardly seen Hermione since that day at the library. On her good days she said she was busy with something else while she completely avoided you on her off days. You had enough of it so when you spot her in a corner of the library you chose to approach her.

"What's up with you?" You ask startling her, she glanced at you. "I'm not sure what you're talking about." She returned to focusing on finding a book.

"You've been avoiding me. It's quite frustrating. Ever since you've found out I like Ginny..." You trail off in realisation, you look at the ground for a moment before looking back at her. She pressed her lips together.

"You like me." You say more of a statement than a question, her expression doesn't falter. "Yes, I fancy you." You bit your lip as you glanced around the library, your eyes landed on Ginny.

You look back at Hermione, "I'm sorry, I don't feel the same. I really hope this doesn't ruin out friendship." She takes a deep breath. "Of course not." You close your eyes at how shaky her voice was, slowly you take a step back and start walking towards Ginny.