Tutor

here's a nice long one in honor of finals coming up... I wish you all the best of luck on your finals. go kill it out there! :)

~ ~ ~

You stood in front of a large door and rang the doorbell. You heard footsteps, and seconds later, you were met with a smiling (C/N).

"Hi, (Y/N)!"

"Hey, (C/N)!"

"Thanks for coming, I really don't remember anything we've learned this semester," he said, laughing nervously.

"Aw, no need to worry," you said. "I love to help."

You went inside and up to his room, then you got started.

"Okay, so I think that we should start with something more recent just to warm up a little I guess. Okay (C/N)?" you said.

"Mmmhmm..."

You looked over at him, and he had his chin on his hand and was staring at you.

"(C/N)?"

He shook his head. "What?"

You giggled. "Did you not just hear what I said?"

He blushed. "Uhm... something about warm up."

"Yeah, okay. Good enough," you giggled again.

He smiled, looking into your eyes. You just looked at him, waiting for him to get out his review packet.

"...What?" he asked.

"Review packet..."

His eyes widened and he blushed again. "Oh, right."

You giggled, again. "Why do you keep giggling?" he asked.

"Why do you keep blushing?" you asked, which made him blush even more.

"I asked first," he said.

You rolled your eyes playfully. "Whatever."

"Hey! Did you just roll your eyes at me?"

"No."

"Yes you did, you little liar!" he said, then squeezed the sides of your stomach.

"Ahh! (C/N), stop!" you said, laughing.

He laughed. "Okay, okay, we should get started."

You sighed and he got out his review packet. Neither of you noticed that both of you were hardcore flirting with each other, and neither of you felt the chemistry either.

"Sooo, what should we start with? Oh I know, we should start with trig," you said.

He groaned. "I hate trig!"

You raised your eyebrows. "Well, love, sometimes we have to do things that we hate."

"Why'd you just call me that?" he asked.

"What, love?"

He nodded his head.

"What, do you not like that, love?" you teased.

"No, I... well I don't mind..."

"Okay, love," you said.

He lied. He actually quite loved it when you called him that, but there was no way he was going to admit it.

"So do you remember how to do this?" you asked.

He shook his head no. "But it'll probably come back when you show it to me."

"Okay, then I'll just show you an example. How about this one?" you pointed to a problem. "You have to find the measure of this side of the triangle, and the reference angle is 37. The side you're trying to find is the opposite of the reference angle, and they also give you the measure of the hypotenuse, which is 18. So, it would be sin37 equals x over 18. That makes x equal 10.8 since you have to round to the nearest tenth," you said, working out the problem.

"Uh huh."

You turned to look at him, and he was just staring at you again. "(C/N)!! Were you even listening?!"

"Yeah."

"Liar! What did I just say?"

"Umm..."

"See! You weren't listening! I just wasted all that time explaining that problem to you!" you huffed.

"Sorry," he said. "Here, just show me again." 

He scooted closer to you, to the point that your arms were touching and your faces were just a couple centimeters apart. You flushed a light shade of pink and hoped he didn't notice. But lucky you, he did notice.

"Why are you blushing?" he teased.

"I'm not!" you said, covering your face. "You were blushing earlier anyway, so you shouldn't be talking!"

He chuckled. "Whatever you say, love."

You took your hands off of your face. "Hey, that's my thing."

He shrugged and looked at the paper. "Hey, I remember this! This is the soh cah toa thing!"

"Yeah," you said. "You would've gotten that earlier if you were actually listening. You don't listen in class either, do you?"

He shook his head no. "That's kinda why I needed your help."

You pointed to a problem. "Try this one."

"Okay..."

"So you need find the length of the adjacent side, right? They tell you that the hypotenuse is 14 and the reference angle is 56. You have to use cos since you're using the adjacent side and hypotenuse. Set up the equation," you said.

"So it's cos56 equals x over 14," he said.

"Yeah, good job! What's the answer? Round it to the nearest tenth."

He typed in his calculator. "7.8."

"Yeah, good job! See, you do remember."

You spent the next couple of hours studying. Well, not really. You were really just talking. When it was time to go, he walked you down to his front door.

"Thanks for coming and helping me, (Y/N), I appreciate it a lot. Even if we didn't even get a lot done, I really love spending time with you," (C/N) said.

"Aw, (C/N), you're welcome. I had a lot of fun! We should hang out again soon sometime," you said. 

He nodded and just looked at you, which made you giggle. Again. That made him smile. You pressed a lingering kiss to his cheek and walked out the door. He just stood there for a few seconds with surprised eyes, blushing, just taking in what had happened. Then, he put his hand on his cheek on the spot where you kissed him. He closed the door and smiled widely. He should really pay attention in class less often, just so you could help him, he thought.