"So Gavin left and you're already with someone else. Gwen is that really the best thing for you right now?"

This hits a cord within Gwen. Blake is the only thing that has kept her going through all of this. Prior to Blake the cancer was winning but now she is the one winning.

"Yeah mom it is. Blake is the reason I'm not still in the hospital dying."

"Gwen honey it's the doctors that have gotten you better not a boyfriend. You always attach yourself from the jump start to a boy."

"Really mom. I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. You haven't been there to see what Blake has done for me. In fact if it hadn't been for Blake I never would have called. He was the one who said I needed you guys and he is the one who set all this up. I understand and see now that Gavin was a really bad guy but Blake is nothing like him."

The food is brought to the table and everyone eats, everyone but Gwen, the thought of food makes Gwen want to throw up. Blake eats with one hand not willing to take his arm from around Gwen. She is so grateful because that's all that's keeping her together right now. Some small talk is exchanged during the meal but there is no further discussion of Gwen's illness or of Blake. After the bill is paid both couples walk outside.

"Gwen we love you. The past is the past and the door is always open. Please tell me you will come home if you need to."

"I will mom; but right now I'm where I'm supposed to be, with Blake."

"Well we love you and please keep in touch. Come to family dinners?"

"I will. Love you guys."

For the first time in almost two years Gwen hugs her mom and dad. She didn't realize how much she really missed their hugs. It had been awkward and was laced with a small amount of tension. However it still went better than Gwen had expected so she is happy. Blake helps Gwen into the SUV before circling around and hoping in the drivers side.

"Gwen are you ok?"

"Yeah I am Blakey. It was awkward and there was tension but I kind of expected that."

"They definitely didn't seem to like me."

"Blake that has nothing to do with you. It only is that way because your my boyfriend and they don't know you, just like they didn't know Gavin."

"They didn't know him after six months?"

"Barely; he never wanted to go to dinner and he always talked bad about them. I gave them up for him. I was stupid."

"Gwen Stefani, that is one thing you have got to stop doing. You can't call yourself stupid like that, because there is not an ounce of truth to it. Ok?"

"Thanks Blakey." Again they joined hands across the center console the whole ride home. 
                                              .......................................................
That night Gwen and Blake watched a movie. Gwen picked the movie so Blake wasn't really into it. What Blake was into was Gwen curled up into him, his arm wrapped around her, and her head on his chest. As the movie ended Gwen yawned.

"I think we should head to bed sunshine"

"Yeah I'm really tired."

Blake noticed Gwen's face drop but decided not to say anything. He wanted her to tell him if something was wrong. They headed upstairs together. When they get to the door to Gwen's room she stops and starts heading in.

"Sunshine you aren't sleeping with me?"

Her face instantly lifts. She runs to catch up with him, linking their hands.