Using my phone as a torch, I quickly made my way to my hotel door, reaching in my small pockets for the keys, only to grab at emptiness.

I dug further into my pockets, becoming more frantic.

Shit.

Turning them inside out, I hoped with all my might to hear the sound of my keys falling onto the ground, but nothing. The darkness was completely surrounding me, the streets silent and stars covered by a thick cloud, as I struggled to ignore as I went to the extent of taking off my shoes to see whether the key had miraculously been left in there. Again, nothing.

No. This cannot be happening.

Its okay, I reassured myself. I’ll just go to reception and ask for them to open the door. No biggie.

I tried to remain calm as I walked to the reception. The lights were off,  just as dark as my surroundings which was still eerily silent. The sign clearly said ‘Closed’ as I approached it and my heart sunk to the bottom of my shoes.

I was locked out.

I knew that I couldn’t ask my father as he was busy working and there was no way he could leave his stall, even if I was locked out or we would get even more meager pay. I didn’t even know where he was. I’d just have to wait until he came home, which was around midnight.

I walked slowly to my hotel door and sunk down to the floor. Not only did I hate darkness, my brain seemed to suddenly remember every scary movie and story that I’d ever heard or seen.  I was absolutely petrified of seeing some demon next to me if I looked to the side.

Breathe in, breath out, breathe in- what's that noise? I swear I heard a scuffle. Or maybe it's a knife being weilded. I'm going to die, this is the end- breathe out, breathe in.

I suddenly heard a buzz from my pocket and I nearly jumped so high I hit the roof.

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest, the adrenaline running through my veins as I formulated how I was going to escape from the evil thing in my...pocket?

Oh. My phone. I realised stupidly, pulling it out as my heartbeat slowed slightly.

1 New Text Message from: Unknown number.

Unknown number. Could it be...?

From: Unknown number

Hey, it’s Harry. Is this Acacia’s number? .x

EEEE! HE REMEMBERED MY NAME!

My fingers shook as I added his name to my contacts, not from fear this time, but excitement. I just added Harry Styles to my contacts.

This must definitely not be real life - these things just don't happen to me. One of the most famous guys in the world texted my number. Impossible.