Chapter 7: Beautiful[EDITED]

Começar do início

Juvia wasn't there to aid Gray because she was doing the dishes, and Gray grumbled under his breath about how he'd wished Juvia would have let him help with the dishes.

Gray sighed as he changed his clothes, getting into a new pair of black boxers and a white t-shirt.
Gray was almost ready to leave the room when he saw a glint of something on his dresser. Curious, he walked over after pulling down his shirt and saw that it was the necklace he had made for Juvia a while back.

Gray blushed at the memory of making it, and writing a reminder to give it to Juvia on the little yellow sticky note.

Gray stared at the necklace with an intense glare, his mind playing tennis as he debated whether or not to give it to her.

'Just give it to her, what could go wrong?'
'Maybe I shouldn't though, I know she's trying to get over me and all.'

Gray frowned and then grunted, deciding to just give it to her.

Gray carefully grabbed the necklace and began to walk out of the room. As he reached the door, something compelled him to look back at his dresser.

He looked behind his shoulder and locked his gaze on the picture frame that was propped up on his dresser.
He smiled at the sight, feeling a softness in his chest at the beautiful smile on Juvia's face.
'That was Juvia and I's first mission together. Man, sure brings back old memories.' Gray thought.

Gray let out a short, breathy laugh and then walked out of his room, the door closing behind him.
He hobbled down the hallway and towards the living room where he could see Juvia sitting on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn.

As Gray came out of the hallway, Juvia looked over her shoulder and smiled at Gray.
Gray felt his heart skip a beat and he internally frowned at himself.
'Jesus! What's wrong with me?!' He scolded himself.

Gray shook his head lightly at himself and walked over to the couch that Juvia sat on, plopping down next to her. She giggled and then turned the TV lacrima on, looking for a movie.

All was comfortably silent for a moment, and Gray couldn't help but stare as the light from the TV lacrima reflected off of Juvia's porcelain skin.
'Come on dude, just give her the necklace already.' Gray said to himself, angry that he felt so odd.

Reluctantly, Gray sucked in a breath and began to speak.
"Hey Juvia." Gray said, feeling slightly nervous.

Juvia's head perked up and she made eye contact with Gray, smiling.
"Yes Gray-sama?" Juvia asked, giving her undivided attention to Gray. 

"I-uh, I have something I want to give you." Gray said.
Juvia tilted her head slightly to the side, her ocean blue curls moving with her head.
Gray took a calm breath and then opened his palm, revealing the necklace.

Juvia looked down to his palm and then let out a small gasp. She stared at the necklace in what Gray could only assume was shock and amazement, chuckling silently at the astonished twinkle in her royal blue eyes.

"Gray-sama, Juvia thinks this is beautiful! Where did Gray-sama get it?" Juvia asked, staring at it like she was in a trance.
This time Gray's chuckle was audible, and that caused Juvia to look up in shock.
"Juvia I made it myself." Gray explained with a smile. His tone was one of pure joy and love, something he had never heard in his own voice.

Juvia's eyes dilated and she seemed even more shocked, her eyes moving from Gray's back to the necklace.
"Do you want to put it on?" Gray asked.

Juvia's head snapped back up to Gray and she nodded frantically, grabbing her hair and lifting it so Gray could clasp the necklace for her.

Gray let out a small laugh, shaking his head with a smile. He unclasped the necklace and took both of his hands and put them behind Juvia's neck, his fingers messing with the hook of the necklace before clasping it back together.

Gray removed his arms, both of them falling to his lap as he watched Juvia grab the small rain drip with her hand and hold onto it tightly.

•••

3rd Person POV
After much debating, Gray and Juvia had decided to watch "Moana", but half way through the movie Juvia fell asleep.

The room was dark and Gray laid comfortably under a warm blanket as he watched the children's movie in front of him.

He felt Juvia's head on his shoulder and she had her arms wrapped around his arm but he didn't seem to care.
Gray sat in a comfortable, calming atmosphere as the only noise emitted from the TV lacrima.

Instinctively, Gray looked down at Juvia and smiled as he saw her beautiful sleeping face.
A realization dawned on him, and his smile became one of sorrow. He felt his heart ache at the sight of the beautiful mage next to him, and he finally came to understand what he had let slip from his grasp.

"Why did I give you up?" Gray whispered. He gently took his hand and tucked a piece of stray hair behind her ear, feeling her soft skin contrast against his rough skin.

Gray smiled again, and laid his head on top of hers. He closed his eyes, letting himself fall asleep to the sound of Moana singing and the feeling of Juvia's warm body against his.