Chapter 16

Clayton and I were on our first date. The place we were at was called Burger Stop. It was a nice little shack, a tiny drive through, a large window in the front for people to just walk up and order, and the smell of burgers and fries. Clayton ordered while I sat down on a nice outside booth/bench. Trees were swaying in the ocean breeze that came from the south. Leaves fell as the trees moved back and forth slowly, and my hair blew backwards as the breeze caught into it. Clayton finally came back with a try full of amazing looking food. It smelt delicious. Clayton had a bright smile on his face and I wasn't doubting that I had one either. My heart secretly raced because of his smile. Clayton set the food down in front of me and him. We started to eat, laughing and talking about life.

I maybe a girl, but I don't like that sappy romantic stuff. I am only saying this because we we're going to the movies. And you know what I picked?  Guess. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2! I have been wanting to see this movie ever since it came out. But, their was one little problem. Tyler was here. He looked angrily between Clayton and I. That was when he strode up to Clayton and punched him square in the jaw. I punched him in the gut and went to help Clayton, when I was hit down by a hand. I fell to the ground and clung to my cheek, I looked up and saw Violet and my mother.

"You don't deserve Clayton, you bitch! " Violet spat.

"You stole her boyfriend just like you stole my little girl. "  my mother hissed.

I just watched in terror as Tyler and Clayton duked it out and as my mother and Violet spat cursed words at me. I just wanted it all to end.

Suddenly, my eyes flew open. A single tear inched it's way down my cheek. What if our first date actually goes like that? What if Clayton cancels? What if- okay! Stop before you start believing this shit! I scolded myself.

It was Friday morning and it was also 5:49. I couldn't fall back asleep, afraid I might have another horrid dream. Pretty much, I just turned Netflix on. Once it was about 6:30, I got ready for school and continued my Netflix watching. I am on episode 13 of Beauty and The Beast. Have you ever been watching a show and at first your like, isn't the main character supposed to be a hot guy, but he seems ugly at first? But then throughout the show he gets handsomer some how? Or is that just me? Maybe I am crazy? I shrugged it off.

School time came around and I had made it to school early. It was kind of boring just waiting with no one to talk to. I checked my phone, scrolling through different social media feeds and checking the stories on instagram and snapchat. Silvia came up to me and waited till I was done with whatever was going on with my screen.

Once I looked up she spoke. "Have you found a date to the dance?"

The dance? Oh.....I totally forgot about that event. Aw, do I have to where a dress? I don't like dresses that much. Wait what if Silvia makes me wear heels?! Those death traps will be the end of me!

"No." I simply shrugged it off.

"Well, we have two weeks until the dance. You've got one week to find a date. Got it?" she was acting like a parent, which is usually not her. Sil. must be really serious about this.

"Okay, okay." I agreed.

"Good." Silvia smiled brightly and walked with me to P.E.

Making it to P. E., I went to the locker rooms. Dressing into the uniform, I walked out to the black top, waiting for other students and the teachers to come out. I saw Clayton and smiled at him. He came over to me.

"Hey Princess. " Clayton smirked.

"Over grown Neanderthal. " I retorted.

"Nice to know you can come up with a comeback. " he murmured.