ACT 5

ACT 5 // SEOUL
GALLANT – MIYAZAKI
JJK.

     WAKING UP was no longer the pleasure it had always been. the atmosphere in that isolated alley way was desolate; augmented with sighs upon sighs of the youth who struggled to drink the illegible memories of that night into his thick skull.

as soon as his eyes opened to the sun's early greeting, jungkook's brain became too overwhelmed all over again, as if it were all new, fresh, raw.
he felt a deep regret for waking up as he enjoyed unconsciously basking in sweet ignorance engraved within a deep sleep— where no cannibalistic monster was there to seduce and attack him.

jungkook shook his head in denial.

he didn't want to believe it. any of it.

his eyes dashed from here to there in a sudden outburst of infectious panic. yet the thing that caught his attention the most, were his hands; all that was left of the blood that had once flowed mercilessly had lost the vibrancy contained in sacred life and dried into a dull patch of mahogany, wicked into the hem of his navy blue sweater.

the violent red infiltrated his mind like a plague, a sickness crawled its way within him, etching their mark as if jungkook's consciousness no longer belonged to him but to the mind of

ANOTHER.

the monstrosity which was driven mad by the feelings of delirious fantasies whilst it maliciously drooled over the awaiting piece of flesh— human flesh.

it was ecstasy, a forbidden gem, a sadistic act with no rhyme or reason.

but it was who he had become.
what he had become.

and he just had to accept it.

"depression served without a smile, "
the boy muttered to himself in an ironic tone.

coffee would never be his first choice of beverage. but it was practically the only edible thing he could consume without spewing it all back out again.

the man stood in front of him in his tall stature sighed yet smiled in a friendly manner.

"well, good morning to you too our new ghoul friend."
he chuckled lightheartedly.

jungkook only nodded.

a sluggish jiae shot him a glare from the corner of the room. she grabbed a mug of the same beverage for herself, drinking it as if it was a chore.

a blue electric noise erupted from the cracked television screen. the heavy silence of the room ceased to exist and a news anchor took a deep breath in; everyone's eyes darted from place to place until they reached the monitor.

"breaking news:
a young teenage boy by the name of kim taehyung has not been seen for the last 3 days."

jungkook's breath hitched when the image of his life-long friend ruthlessly slashed his brain as a throbbing pain struck the side of his head. the news anchor insisted on speaking of the case but the boy couldn't bear to endure reality much longer. he shot up from his seat and beads of sweat gushed from his forehead in an autonomous frenzy.

"he's your friend, isn't he..."
jiae almost questioned, but her voice began to waver.

for once, she did not know what she could do.

it was obvious; a ghoul had gotten to him.