|34|

Emily woke up trapped in Montgomery's arms. She smiled to herself and removed his arms gently. She went to the bathroom and took a shower. She came back with a towel wrapped around her. Thankfully Montgomery was facing the wall. She was looking for something to wear when she felt Montgomery's arms around her.

"Good morning baby girl" he kissed her temple and went to the bathroom. When he came back Emily was already dressed.

"Good morning baby. Thanks for staying with me" she said smiling at him. Montgomery smiled back.

"I'm going to the hospital. I'll see you later" Emily said picking her phone. "I'll go with you" Montgomery said following her.

**
They got to the hospital and her mom was already having the surgery. They sat there waiting for what it seemed to be hours. A nurse came outside with a clipboard.

"Family of Yleana González" she asked and Emily stood up. "Yes" she walked towards the nurse.

"She's in her room now you can go see her. Follow me" the nurse said turning around.

Montgomery stood up and took Emily's hand. The nurse led them to her mom's room. She opened the door for them and left.

"Hi mom" Emily whispered taking her hand. "Hey Emily. Hey Montgomery" she said smiling at them.

"How are you feeling Lily?" Montgomery asked looking at her. "I'm fine. They removed my ovaries and fallopian tubes" she explained.

"I'm so glad you are okay, mom" Emily kissed her forehead.

Two weeks passed and Emily's mom was going to the doctor to get chemotherapy. She was feeling alright, she moved around the house slowly but Emily help her around. Montgomery and Jeff came help too when they weren't in the baseball practices. Jessica and Justin came around when Montgomery or Jeff couldn't.

"Let's get you to the bed mami" Emily said taking her hands. "Emily, yo no soy ninguna niña pequeña. Yo puedo subir las escaleras sola" (Emily, im not a little girl. I can go upstairs by myself.) Emily's mom said pulling her hands back.

Emily sighed and watch her walk upstairs. She teared up, that was her mother's problem sometimes she wouldn't let Emily help. Emily saw her walk into her room. Emily went to the kitchen and started making lunch. There was a knock on the door. She opened it and Justin's face appeared.

"Hey princess" he said hugging her. "Hey come in, my mom just went upstairs you can go see her" Emily said walking to the kitchen.

"Hello Mrs. González" Justin said leaning on the door. "Justin. How many times I've asked you to call me Lily?" She chuckled.

"I'm sorry. I just got used to it" Justin chuckled. "It's ok. Can you pass me that pot over there?" she sighed.

He did and Lily puked a little it usually happened when she came from the chemotherapies. Justin held the pot and rubbed her back. Once she finished Justin cleaned up her mouth.

"I'm sorry" she whispered. "Don't worry Mrs. González. I'm here to help" he smiled.

Emily heard her and started crying. Justin came downstairs and saw Emily crying.

"Hey, hey it's alright Emily" he said hugging her. "I'm sorry Justin, but you don't have to do this" she sobbed.

"But I want to, Em your mom has been super sweet to me letting me stay when I need to" he responded "Don't cry princess we are all here for you" Justin whispered.

Emily finished doing lunch and went upstairs. Her mom was reading a magazine.

"Hey mom. Are you hungry?" Emily asked walking towards her bed. "A little" she chuckled.