Chapter 1 the journey through Deduction

The locomotive sped across the track. Passing by many picturesque sights. As I walked through the train,  I barely acknowledged the other passengers.

I found a free seat and sat down. I was most satisfied with how comfortable the cushions were. I placed my black,  wooden Caine on the floor. I'd used it since a nasty incident which concluded with me falling off the face of a water fall.

That incident changed my life. Since then I've been alone. In fact I was alone right now on this locomotive. And on the journey from the picturesque lakedistrict to the industrial driven London.

I sat in my seat,  smoking my pipe of cocaine. It was a fantastic stimulus for the mind. A man walked on to the locomotive. I spotted him as soon as he walked in. Dark grey suit, brown Oxfords,  a white shirt with done up cuffs. A pocket watch,  located in his right pocket. And a matching fedora for his suit. He carried a brown,  leather,  brief case. Making me abit curious as I looked at it from down the carriage I said to myself.
"curiouser and curiouser" and then went back to looking at the view.

The locomotive was soon to reach the terminal the man in the fedora was still sitting five rows down from me and had his brown case. Two men went and sat down with him. They spoke. I couldn't hear from the distance I was at. They spoke for ten minutes then departed to leave the train. We had arrived in London at King's cross station.

The man was now locked in my mind it'd left me with a mystery. A mystery that was yet to be solved