Chapter Five

Okay I like this chapter a bit more than the last.

December 15th 1779 (yes a big timeskip bby ily but I promise it will be the last major one. I swear nothing big happened. They just got used to each others presence ig)

Also there's gonna be a bit of fluff.

Anna's POV:

I love America, it's so beautiful! The nature, the people, the pride. You'd think it's a national holiday with all the flags that are flying.

I've made some friends, the sisters and a lovely lady named Martha. Lafayette is doing the same. The men that he met are all fighting for their country as well. I'm volunteering to be a nurse. Not full time. Just on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I love doing it as well. The soldiers are cooperating much better than expected. Sadly some haven't survived.

Today I promised I'd have tea with the Schuyler family. I'm going to make Lafayette tag along. They told us to meet at one o clock so I better start preparing now.

We were able to find a rentable house which was a bit smaller than the one at home but it will do. I've done the job of hiring servants and have gone dress shopping with Angelica. 

I've changed into a dress that I thought was appropriate for the occasion but would also show my wealth. (Dress down below bbys)

I had one of my servants pull my hair back into a bun with a braid wrapped around it.

Soon enough lafayette walked into our bedroom.

"Are you going somewhere Anna?"
He asked holding a letter into his hand.

"I'm going to the Schuyler's for lunch. Will you come please?"
I asked. It was more of a demand than a question.

"Yes,  we have something to discuss on the way there. Should I dress formal?"

"You may wear your military uniform if you please."
I don't understand why but he wears his uniform like it was given to him by the king himself.

"Alright, I'll have the carriage out front. Come down when your ready."
He said while walking out the door.

I painted my lips a bit. I'm not one that likes to go all out on powdered faces and red cheeks. Too much work, and it looks ridiculous. Red lips is all I bother doing.

Once I finish I walk down the stairs and out the door where the carriage is parked on the street. I walk towards it and Lafayette opens the door for me and holds out a hand to pull me up.

"What was it that you had to tell me?"
I ask while flattening out my dress.

"Alex is being promoted to General Washington's commander-in-chief"

"That's great for him! It's a perfect fit for him."
I reply.

"Most certainly. I'm really happy for him."

"Is that all you had to tell me?"

"Well no, they are requesting that I fight full time."

"Look, I understand. You have your priorities. But you must promise to be safe. Can we continue this conversation tonight?"