Chapter Two

Anna's POV;

Once again, assume this is all in French

September 7th 1775

"In America, I have been called to help fight Britain to win freedom for our countries."

"Then it is an honneur to be in your presence Monsieur."
I said bowing my head.

"My pleasure Manquer, but I'd like you to come with me."
My eyes bulged at this question. Didn't we just meet like a few hours ago.

"I'm sorry for asking so soon, but if you and I were to become courted I wouldn't want to leave you here for all this time. Also I need someone that could give me comfort and most importantly make sure I'm at full health."
I quickly fan myself not knowing how to reply.
"I know it's a lot to ask but it would really be a help for our allies. Plus it would boost your families social status just like they wanted."

I thought for a few moments. He was right but the thought scared me. I guess I'll give it a shot.
"I'll do it."
I say confidently
"Merci manquer"

"What about my family? Will they allow me?"

"They know all about this."

"How long have they known"

"Only a week miss, you have nothing to worry about."

"When do we leave?"

".....tomorrow"

"What?!"

I take a deep breath. I realized that I could get arrested for shouting at a man.

"My apologies. Please take me home. Would you mind helping me pack"

"Of course"

~ts bbys~

Currently I was in my room with 5 trunks laid out for all of the items I would need on the voyage.

"Lafayette would you mind putting in the items I have in my closet. It just contains some books and other keepsakes."

"Of course amour"

I love his nicknames, they make me flush.

It took several hours for me to finish. It took two extra trunks to fit the appropriate amount of corsets for the voyage to America. I could easily purchase more once we arrive.

"Excuse me Ma Chérie but I'm afraid I must be going. I'll come back bright and early tomorrow. Goodnight mon amour"
Lafayette grabs the top of my arm gently but slides his hand down to my wrist and grasps it a bit tighter and leans down. He plants another kiss onto my knuckles before exiting my room.

"Good night"
I say after he leaves.

I change into a nightgown and go to sleep thinking about what tomorrow brings me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I have had a peaceful sleep that night, but I was awoken to the feeling of a hand shaking my ribcage.