A few people are dancing and swaying softly left and right to the tune of the music. The master of ceremonies awaits near the entrance and looks at me expectantly to announce my name. I approach him and give him the fake name.

"Lady Anabelle of the East Northern village of Ravenstone." He announces loudly to the crowd causing a few glances my way.

I take a step towards the grand staircase and gradually begin my descent down it praying not to trip and make a fool of myself. Once I reach the bottom I am greeted by many friendly people and asked to dance by a few young gentlemen which I gladly take. I have learned that the royal family hasn't arrived yet but will be here soon.

After my fifth dance, I decided to take a short break to freshen up a bit so I headed towards the refreshment table. Much to my surprise I spot Nathalie I the corner with a tall male kissing her passionately. I have not seen her all evening but now I guess that I know why.

I silently chuckle but come to a halt as a hush falls upon the crowd as everyone does a slight bow in respect, I do the same as I look up and see the Queen standing at the foot of the grand staircase wearing a beautiful gown and her royal sash along with her gorgeous crown which sits gracefully on her head. The queens age looks like it has been catching up on her as grey hairs streak through her light brown hair but all in all she still looks absolutely amazing.

At her side flanks a young man by the looks of age 16. I recognise him as Prince Henry, the queens youngest son of the two boys. He to looks good in his tuxedo also with a royal sash on and his simple small crown on his head. His dark brown hair has been neatly combed back and styled and he wears a lose smile on his lips as he scans the crowd.

"Good evening all. I would like to thank you for attending the kingdoms annual grand ball," a round of applause graces the crowd once the Queen has spoken those few words, "For those of you who have travelled far and wide to attend tonight, I pray the journey served you well and I promise you that it was all worth it as can be seen." She indicated to the whole room with her hands and then walked down the staircase gracefully and headed towards a slight platform against the wall. Once she stood on it, she signalled for the ball to continue and the music and dancing began once more.

While the Queen speaks to all those who approach her, the young Prince leaves her side to mingle with the crowd.

Going back to what I was doing, I study the table in front of me and the delicious goods that lie upon it. Not deciding on anything I turn towards the dance floor again only to bump into someone.

"Sorry." I apologised only to meet the gaze of the young Prince Henry. I quickly bow my head, "your Highness." I look up again.

"No worries and no need for anymore formalities, I am kind of sick of it." He frowns ever so slightly.

"Well you shouldn't be, it's a sign of respect." I state giving him a soft smile.

"I know but I have had it all night and I just need a bit break from it..." He trails off. I just nod at his words.

"Would you care for a dance?" He asks as the song changes.

It is considered rude to decline a royal so I take his hand and let him glide me to the dance floor where we gently start to sway to the song.

"What is your name?" He asks me as he spins me around to the fast up beat of the tune.

"Sk- I mean Annabelle." I mentally scold myself for almost saying my name.

He merely chuckles again and spins me around once more "Well Annabelle you are a great dancer."

"Thank you, but it not that easy keeping up with a skilled youngster like you your Highness." I smile.

"What did I say about formalities. Just call me Henry and for your information, I am not that young compared to you, you are perhaps three years or so older than me am I not correct?" He says as he leads me off the dance floor since the song just came to an end.

"Well your High-" he gives me a pointed look, "I mean Henry, from what I gathered you look to be 16 years of age right?" He responds with a quick nod. "Well then you are close but I am four years ahead of you." I state.

"Well I nearly got it didn't I?" He chuckles once more.

"That you did." I reply.

"Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Prince Edward." The Master of ceremonies announces.

Just then the breath takingly beautiful man I had bumped into a few nights ago came into view. He looks very gorgeous in his tailored tuxedo and his royal sash with his crown similar to Prince Henry's on his head.

His dark brown hair looks messy however as if he has run his hand through it one to many times but it somehow makes him look even better.

This is it, time to do what I came here to do...