XVI: Unveiling

Well, I've come to a conclusion, far too late now, you're gone...

However, if we were to meet again, I'd apologize a million times and beg you to take me back. Although I deserve not to.

I smiled ruefully, I'm such a selfish person to want you although I let you go.

I suppose I'll say what I feel to Arba now, perhaps she'll know what to do.

I turned around and felt a bit shocked to see her standing there.

Huh, queer, what's with that expression on her face?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, Arba. I did not see you there."

She kept silent, still with that queer expression on her face.

"Arba? Is something wrong----"

I dodged the knife that was about to stab my eye had I not moved.

My eyes widened and I automatically held her in place to prevent her from moving.

"Why have you done that, Arba?"

She suddenly started laughing, maniacally.

It was only me and her in the complex as the rest had errands to run or places to go.

Her crazy guffaws stopped as she turned her head to look at me, eyes wide and face eerily grinning.

"Why, Solomon? Simple, I have been planning this for years.'

She paused to giggle again,'I decided that I'd give you a scar to give you a little warning but I suppose that failed, Oh well."
I narrowed my eyes as I gripped her hands behind her back stronger.

"Why? I thought we were friends, Arba? What could you possibly gain from this betrayal?"

She sighed, her expression dropped and she turned somber.

"Friends?' She sneered,'We stopped being that as soon as you killed HIM."

Gripping her tighter to further threaten her. I spoke,"Stop with the mind games, Arba, tell me the whole truth."

She faced away from me so that I cannot see her expression.

"Oh, it's quite simple really. I work for someone who is against you, and what's funny is that you don't even realize what we are planning. We ArE PlAnNiNg tO bRinG hIm BaCk aNd YoU cAnNot StOp uS."
She then proceeded to laugh again once more.

"You do realize that I will not let you get away with this?"

She smirked,"Oh, but you will. If you don't want your so-called 'peace' to be destroyed. We have so much power that we could take down half of this pathetic world in a day."

I stiffened,"How would you do that? For all I know, you could be bluffing."

She tutted,"Well... I suppose you don't have to believe me, BuT i GuEsS tHaT tHE ruKh MaLfUncTiOn IsN't ImPorTaNt."

I froze, how did she know that? The government had kept that under wraps with only me, the president and Ugo being the only ones who knew what had happened.

The scientists that had been there had no idea what happened.

Ugo had managed to make the incident seem like a minor accident, when in reality it was not.

Someone had tampered with the system of the Rukh.

"What do you know, Arba?! Tell me!" I growled.

She laughed maniacally again,"We can do even more than that, that was just a little warning. If you want us to not make any moves, you should do as I say."