Chapter 3: Slip Of The Act

After dropping 'Alice' off, Zero went out on patrol around the campus, making sure no Day Class students were out past curfew. As he wandered about, his mind drifted towards the new student. He was odd...his hair, unlike his own silver locks, were of ivory tone, like the pure snow. His eyes were red, Zero admitted he hated Leslie's, or as he knows him as, 'Alice', eyes. They reminded him way too much of the filthy blood suckers, but Kaien assured Zero that 'Alice' was hundred percent human, just a few screws loose. What really caught Zero's eye, however, were the miniature set of red threads that appear to be two X's stitched, yes stitched, below his right eye, one below his bottom lip, and a line of several stitching threads from his upper neck downwards and disappearing beneath his clothing.

Zero wanted to question about them, the need to ask was itching at the back of his throat, wanting to know why he had stitches....they almost seemed self-inflicted, like it was some sort of fashion trend.

There were so many unanswered questions about the other male, yet, Zero knew better than to get into his business. After all, he refuses to be the cat that had his curiosity take control and suffered the consequences.

---------

Leslie hated fitting in, when he saw his school uniform, he refused to wear it saying that "I'll be just like everyone else!" So, with the headmasters approval, he was allowed to modify his uniform as long as it was still...well, the uniform. With a gleam in his red orbs, he immediately got to work.

By the time the newly modified uniform of Cross Academy was done and he dressed in it, Kaien was waiting patiently in his office drinking hot chocolate---to which he spat out when he saw Leslie, cooing over about how "adorable" his "baby nephew" looked.

In Leslie's hair, he wore red hairpins, which formed the roman numeral XIII (13), keeping back his bangs. Since he was a Day Class student, his uniform was predominantly black with intricate white lining designs. The normal uniform consisted of a black jacket, to which he left out, a thin red ribbon around his neck instead of the common red tie, and a white dress shirt, to which he wore with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows---exposing even more red stitches that encircled his whole right arm and hand, trailing down and curling around two fingers, his left arm completely free of any. His shirt was tucked inside black above-knee length shorts that were supported by red suspenders, black stockings that reached his knees with cute red bows at the top along with black leather ankle boots. He even painted his nails red!

All in all, he was different and he loved it. Kaien kept going on and on about how cute he looked, and while his adopted children would complain or get annoyed, Leslie embraced the attention with open arms. For so long he yearned for attention, one with parental love, one he has never gotten before.

School didn't start until tomorrow, so after trying out his uniform, Leslie stayed in it as he sat on his uncles desk criss-crossed, both talking about random subjects. Leslie threw his arms up in exasperation as he told the story of how he scared one of the other patients at the Institution, causing Kaien to laugh at the teens energy.

Suddenly, the door opened, causing nephew and uncle to stop. Zero walked in, anger on his face as he slammed his hands on the desk, causing Leslie to jump---not in fear, but in excitement. The blood-lust falling in waves around the other male was exhilarating.

"Hello my dear son!" Kaien greeted, not even slightly affected by the deadly aura around the obviously pissed off teen.

"I am not your son!" Zero shouted, the grip on the desk tightened before cracks started appear on the wooden desk. Sensing what was about to happen, Leslie back flipped off, his feet touching the ground just as the table shattered like it was made of glass. Zero paused, staring at Leslie with slightly, though well-concealed, surprised lavender eyes, not expecting the younger male to do such thing.

Kaien, not at all affected by his nephew's actions, complained with tears in his hazel eyes, "Zero! You could have hurt Le-Alice! And my desk! Oh, my poor desk....why must you be so cruel?" Kaien was practically sobbing out loud, causing Leslie to laugh at his over-dramatic tears.

"Alice, leave." Zero demanded, knowing that Leslie shouldn't hear about the Night Class's secret that he had to talk to Kaien about. Leslie, not at all offended by the rude silverette, pouted, "Why should I? You can't tell me what to do!"

Kaien would have chuckled at Leslie's childish response if it were not for the fact that he could tell Leslie's eyes were taking an odd gleam in them, like he wanted nothing more than to stab Zero in the throat.

Zero growled at the childish male, but before the two could go at each other, Kaien cleared his throat, attracting the attention of both teens.

"Now, now boys, let's not ruin my office even more. Alice, could you please leave the room?" Kaien asked politely, as Leslie was about to protest, eyes wide with hurt, Kaien interrupted, "Please dear, only for a while. I'll make it up to you afterwards."

Zero narrowed his eyes, "You don't have to do anything." Kaien ignored his comment, promising sweets and sugars to Leslie, whom reluctantly agreed and left, not before glaring at Zero---who glared right back.

Sticking out his tongue, Leslie skipped out, the last thing he heard, however, was "Stop spoiling the kid and explain why those filthy blo-" By then, Leslie was out of earshot, not that he cared for what the---admittedly attractive---tempered male was going to say, though he'd be lying if he said he wasn't the slight bit curious.

Humming, he skipped his way down the hallway, not paying any attention towards his surroundings before his shoulder slammed into another. Stumbling back slightly, he looked down towards the female he bummed into. She was about 2 inches shorter than him*, with long brown hair and red eyes. Well, unlike his vibrant red, her's were more brownish red. 

"Oh! I'm sorry!" She hastily apologized and for some reason, looking at her apologetic face, he immediately didn't like her. She had this innocent vibe, one that screamed out "Protect Me" and "Naive!" and he hated it.

"Next time", Leslie said, narrowing his eyes at her, his voice dropping an octave, becoming deeper than his usual high cheerful tone, "Get out of my way."

"I-I-I..", She stuttered out. Leslie took noticed of her more clearly, noting how along with that real innocence she had---unlike his act----she was also, begrudgingly beautiful and that pissed him off more. He felt a pang of jealousy before walking away with his head down, his happy mood replaced with a foul one that made him want nothing more than to burn this place to the ground.