chapter 6

It took us FOREVER but we finally got everything cleaned, unpacked and placed in the spots where we want them. (S-d/n) came home an hour in the process and helped. Eventually we ate. Mom even got the electric, water, heat, and gas on. Though we have to get cable and WiFi on tomorrow. It was about 9:30 when we were finally done. I sighed. We're finally done I'm so tired.

"Mom I'm going to bed! Love you!" I yelled going up the stairs to my room.

"Ok sweet cheeks! I love you too, good night!" She answered.

When I got in my room I put on (f/c) and (2/f/c) pajamas on and snuggled into bed. It was really quite and my mind started to drift off in thought. Mom has time off tomorrow and we are getting cable and I'm getting wall plugs and such in my room 'cause my room doesn't have any unlike the rest of the house 'cause those guys didn't even come up here.

Then my mind drifted off about those guys and what (S-d/n) said about them. Those guys said that they couldn't get the door open and the even tried to bust the door down but it wouldn't budge. Not only that they said there was something weird going on with the house. Tools would go missing, they would hear sinister laughing, raspy breathing, some of the guys were knocked out and when they woke up they said they were hit in the side of the head but nobody found anything or anyone that had done it, some guys quit and they said they seen random...candy placed in weird spots around the house. My eyes widen at the sudden connection I had just made. I quickly grabbed my phone plugged it in the portable charger, to make sure it wouldn't die, grabbed the number James gave me and dialed it as fast as I could without making any mistakes. I put the phone up to my ear.

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings.

"Hello?" James answered in a tired tone.

"Hi James, it's me: (Y/n). Listen I have information on the case thingy we talked about earlier." I stated.

"WHAT?! HOLD ON LET ME GET A PEN AND PAPER!" James suddenly snapped awake,"okay tell me what you got." He said in anticipation.

"Okay, so let's start with the worker that were working on my house. They said that they heard sinister laughing and raspy breath. Some were knocked out and when the woke up the said they were hit in the side of the head with something but no one found anything or anyone that could have done it. Some guys quit and they found candy in random places of the house." I explained.

"What, really?" He questioned.

I hummed in response and then explain everything that's been happening to me and even mentioned my sister's new imaginary friend but that wasn't much help because I didn't know what he looked like.

"Okay, thanks (Y/n). Hey, try to get more information but stay safe because so far from what you told me this 'thing' doesn't sound human." He said.

"Okay and James, don't tell your dad about this." I said.

"Don't worry once you told me about this stuff I don't think my dad would have believed me anyways. This is no longer his investigation, it's ours because I consider you as a friend. Anyways I have to go to bed before my dad gets home from his shift and I get in trouble. Good night, friend." He said.

I chuckled a bit,"good night friend." Then I hung up the phone and set it on one of the end table. I never told James about the stuff I found, probably a good thing and I'm glad we're friends. Finally I drifted off to sleep.

(Laughing Jack's P.O.V.)

So the humans are starting to finally figure out who I am. Now I kinda want to see how this plays out, it's gonna be an interesting new game but I won't be beat so easily. Looks like I might have to start plans early, I have to break one of my toy before she finds out too much. I smiled at my thoughts. Luckily the kiddo is now asleep so I can terrorize (Y/n).

((Y/n)'s P.O.V.)

Once again I found myself in the monochrome carnival but this time I was on a fairest wheel going up. I started freaking out,"oh no. No, no, no, no. Please not the fearest wheel. Any thing but the fearest wheel. This is not ok, it really isn't." It kept going up and I was gripping the table thing in the center. I could feel the wind blow slightly and I started shaking and hyperventilating. Suddenly the huge carnival ride stopped at the top, rocking that cart. My eyes were shut tight.

Then I heard a raspy breath and a candy and metallic smell hit my nose. At this point I didn't even care what was behind me, I just wanted down. Then a light chuckle escaped the strange creatures lips, then another, and another until whatever it was hollering with laughter. The creature started rocking the cart back and fourth. I was in tears at this point but I wanted to know what was doing this, I wanted this to end. I looked behind me all I could see was the monochrome scenery. I look up at the umbrella like roof. At the edge there were black claws poking out. The laughing and shaking continued.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed.

Suddenly I woke up in a cold sweat. I scanned my room quickly but there was nothing. I looked out my window, it was sunrise. I held my chest were my heart is and tried to calm myself down.

----------

After a half hour I successfully did so. I decided to head down stairs and get some water. Once I got down there I grabbed a glass of water and took a big gulp of it. I sighed and recalled the dream. I HATE heights, ever since I was little I had a fear of them. That's why I called a ferriss wheel a fearest wheel. I sighed once again.

(Comment down below if you have a fear of heights. Cuz I do. And I just made fearest wheel up. I thought, "huh, what if I replaced fair with fear for a kinda funny/cheesy pun." Heh, puns)