Meeting a friend

I walk through the streets of Muggle-London and when I walk next to a shop, I look at the window. Green eyes, pale face and darker brown hair had appeared. No wonder, I was very mad. 

How did they think that they had the right to talk against me like that? I walk into an abandoned building, change into some other clothes and put on sunglasses, so no one would recognize me. I shrink my trunk and put it in the pocket of my jacket.

I walk out the building and walk some more through the busy streets of London. I needed to get that anger out me. Some boys whistle at me but I ignore them. One of them walks towards me and turns me around.

"What's wrong sweetheart? You look cold, do you need some boy to get you warm," he whispers smugly in my ear. I kick him in the place where no sun shines and I plant my elbow in his neck. He lays down on the ground and spits at my shoes. I give him a kick against his head, turn me around and walk further. Stupid boys.

"Hermione, is that you," yells a girly voice excited. She has darkblue hair and blue eyes. "Evie, what are you doing here," I ask, laughing for the first time in minutes again. I didn't expect my schoolfriend from Muggle elementary school here. I haven't seen her in real life since our summer vacation last year. She is my only friend who isn't on my school.

She was always different. Even in our childhood she had 'funny' hairstyles. We hug when she answers: "I needed to go shopping, my mother's birthday is this weekend, but what are you doing here?" "I am not really in the mood for some chit-chat Evie."

"Hey, do you want to come with me? I have an own apartment now!" "Really?" It was a great chance; I wasn't alone and I didn't had to stay with the Weasleys. "Yeah, it would be great to hang out with you more," I answer, smiling at her.

She takes me further into the city and walks to an apartment complex. We take the elevator and she opens one of the doors. It was a pretty cool apartment, to be honest. She plumps down on the brown couch and turns the TV on. The news is on.

"I'll get a new tattoo, did you know?" "No, what kind of?" "I don't really know, but it will be on my upper arm, do you want to come with me?" "Sure, when is it?" "This afternoon. Put your stuff in the guest room and come then with me," she says with a smile.

In the bedroom I whisper 'Engorgio' and my trunk grows again. I could use magic around Evie, because she knows about wizardry. I walk into the living room again and there she stands with a black leather jacket on.

We walk downstairs and after a couple of metres into a tattooshop. By the meeting I already knew Evie probably had been here earlier. The tattooist even knows her first name! "What tattoo do you want this time Evie," the man asks with a big, warm smile.

"Something on my upper arm, I don't really know one, maybe you have a favourite?" He smiles even wider and gives her a book with tattoo's. She asks me which one to choose and at the end it became a tattoo with veins and flowers and skulls. Typically her.

I see the needle in her skin, making the tattoo. That should hurt. A pistol hurts too, my inner voice says. Ughh shut up, I scream inside of me. I shake my head. Maybe I should tell Evie. I trusted her with everything, although I did not see her often. She was never prejudiced, never unkind to me, to anyone. Yes, I'll tell her.

Tonight.