The Second task

"And what about the dead of my mother," I ask. I was a bit curious. Is that weird, being curious about your mother's dead?

"She was killed by a wizard on the 'Muggle-way.'" "What 'Muggle-way'? There are a lot of ways to kill each other." "Something called a pistol, or anything like that." "Did you care about her dead, or was she useless when I was already born?"

"Don't get me wrong Hermione, I really cared for her. But we began out off the issue we had just talked about, but later something grow we can maybe call 'friendship'." "I guess I have to believe you on your word. Don't let me regret it....father." "Thank you, daughter."

I sit down on my bed, looking at Rookwood and my dad. "Maybe you should go, it is getting late and someone might.." We all look on the same moment at the door. We hear the portrait by the common room opening. "Hide dad," I hiss.

Rookwood whips with his wand and they are or gone or invisible. On that moment Lavender and Parvati walk in. "Hey Hermione, why are you sitting like this on your own? Where is Viktor?" I hoped they wouldn't say anything like this. Just imagine, my dad hearing this. Knowing that he is under the Imperius Curse and he is hitting on his daughter.

"Viktor wanted to go to sleep soon, and I wanted that too. You know, with the Triwizard Tournament and everything."  "Oh yeah, I completely understand. Sleep well Hermione." "Good night girls."

I wait for them to go to sleep and look around my room. I half jump when I see Rookwood and my dad there, standing on the same place again. My father puts a finger on his lips, the universal body language to not talk. I nod and look at them. He waves and blows a kiss in my way. I wave back and he Disapparates.

I quickly jump on my bed, pretending to sleep because Lavender and Parvati jump up from their sleep by the bang they heard. They look for a moment at me and fall back on their backs again, dimming the lamps and trying to sleep again. They didn't suspect anything, I hope.

A couple of weeks later was the second task. Professor McGonagall had asked for Ron and me. "I'm really, really sorry for this. I don't agree with it but you two have no choice," she said sadly. Then two wizards put a charm on us, like we were sleeping. Hours later, I realise, it felt like I was waking up.

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is water, a lot of water. Someone has an arm around me. I look next to me and see Krum with a shark-head. I try to speak but on that moment, I need to breathe. Luckily, we finally reach the air I needed. Everyone is applausing for us and immediately see the Slytherin boys.

They look at me, gasping for air. They were probably really worried. I'll make it up to them later,  my inner voice says to me. We swim to the tribunes, getting us on it. Madam Pomfrey wraps two thick blankets around us. I look at the water when I see something in the Forest. Some silhouets. 

Dolohov, Rookwood, Lucius Malfoy and my dad. They then walk away. They were probably making sure I was okay. I sigh.

It is over, I am safe again and my dad knows that now. I stand up with the blankets around me and try to walk away when Ron and Fleur's little sister come above the water.

But where is Harry?