Seventeen

When I got back home from the beach with Lauren there was an unmarked envelope on my doorstep and my mom in the living room with Parker.

I put the envelope down for later because I knew what was in it and I didn't have the time for it right now. "Mom!" I called as I ran to her and pulled her into a hug.

"My baby I missed you so much." She kissed all over my face and I scrunched my nose.

"Mom stop it. I am a grown woman." I finally pried her off me and I went to find Parker sitting on the floor in her room. "Hi baby." She looked at me then back down.

"Did I make you upset?" She just kept her head down and I sighed sitting beside her. "I'm sorry but it's important, mama doesn't want to hurt you."

"Hurt me?" She looked up at me and I sighed.

"There's a bad person who's coming and I don't want anything to happen to you so I'm letting you go far away but you'll come back okay? I'll come get you in a couple days."

"Promise?" She held her pinky up and I interlocked our fingers.

"I promise. I love you pumpkin." I kissed her forehead. "Let's get you packed up." She got up and got her little blue duffle bag. It's her favorite color. I started putting some clothes on there for her but not too much since my mom has clothes for her already and she's not staying too long.

I brought her outside to my mom and she gripped onto me tightly. "Bye baby. I love you okay so much." I kissed her forehead and held her as she gripped tightly onto my shirt. "You gotta go baby." She released me reluctantly and went to my mom.

"Bye mama." She waved and I blew her kisses before my mom walked out with her into the night and into her car. I tried to get Parker out at night so Camila wouldn't see her and do some stupid shit in Miami.

Dinah and Ally are at their apartment and I have this place all to myself. I remembered the package and opened it to see pictures of me and Lauren. Damn she works fast. I rolled my eyes and turned it over as there was a note on the back.

I don't think your girlfriend will like these or the paps either. Now would they?

I rolled my eyes and looked at the other picture in the envelope. It was a picture of Chris tied to a chair with blood all over the floor but he still looked alive to me. My heart rate quickened and I looked at the back of that picture to see another note.

Tik tok. Come find me. Love, C

There was a red lipstick mark left on the below the note and I called Lauren immediately. She picked up after two rings. "Yeah."

"It's here. But there's more to it than we thought."

"What?"

"Just get over here. Fast. There's a change of plans." Fifteen minutes later she was standing at the door and I let her in.

"Where's the envelope."

"Sit down first." I motioned to the couch and she rolled her eyes before taking a seat. I let out a breath and handed her the envelope. She took our pictures out first and chuckled before she read the note on the back of the letter.

"Girlfriend?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"I went on one date with someone."

"Are you going on a second date?" I nodded shyly and she smiled at me. "When?"

"Tomorrow."

"But tomorrow is when everything is going down."

"I know I might have to cancel, depends on how early Camila gets here." She smirked and looked back down to the envelope. She took out the next pictures and her hand flew over her mouth. Her whole demeanor changed and she looked defeated.

"Read the back." She turned it around and tears flowed down her cheeks before she looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"What? What are we gonna do?"

"Call the police. See if they can find something from the picture. You go look for him I'll take care of Camila when she gets here." Just as soon as I said that my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID to see an unknown number.

"Hey Camz." I heard heavy breathing on the other end of the phone before I heard a struggled sound from a male.

"She's coming for you." I heard his voice say as he groaned in pain.

"Chris?" I whispered and Lauren's head shot to me.

"Put it on speaker." Lauren said and I did as she took out her phone to record it just in case the police can get any background sounds.

"Camila, she's coming for you. And if I don't make it I just want you to know I didn't rape you. I promise." He said before the phone went silent for a bit. "And tell Lauren I love her, and I'm sorry. And hide Parker."

"Where are you?" I heard noises on the other end then he spoke again.

"I- I don't know. It's dark now. There's trees and trains and wood everywhere. I have to go, she's back. Goodbye." He let out a cough before the phone cut off and I looked up at Lauren. She stared back at me.

"Go to the police."

"But he said Camila will be here."

"I can take care of myself. He's dying." She nodded and put the pictures back into the envelope before looking at me once again. She brought our lips together in a passionate kiss.

"You look dead already."

"You underestimate me Jauregui." I smirked at her and pushed her out the door. She gave me another worried glance before closing the door and I began to set everything up.

A/N: I don't think you guys are ready for next chapter.