Assassin's Bride Chp16

Zacznij od początku

~*~*~*~

*Faith*

I lay back and merely blinked at the roof of my room. The light in my room indicated it was nearly seven thirty, the point where I had to get prepared and go to work. I lifted my hand and settled my palm on my cheek at a recollection. The dreams I had were entangled like wild forests' roots. No matter how much I strived to unravel them, they would knot again magically. I do not comprehend why I dreamt about him. I could swear my skin tingled with a soft touch but it was only a dream.

I brought my feet close and curled in a solitary cocoon. I am to marry Cloud, someone I do not know, someone who is very incompatible. Unconsciously my finger jabbed my chest where lay beneath my skin, my peaceful heart. Why did he agree to this wedding? Why did Cloud agree to pair with me? By God he does not seem like a man who would tie down his fate with someone on the basis of an arrange marriage.

My cell phone vibrated and buzzed on the bedside table. With a doleful sigh I stretched to snatch it. "Hello," I frowned at my croaky voice.

"Faith," I sat bolt straight on the bed, eyes wide open. I pushed my hair back from my face which had tumbled forward in the process.

"Cloud," then gasped. "How-how did you get my number?"

He chuckled and my heart attacked its veins to unchain her and flee from my chest, its inexperienced cage. "I asked Iris for it. Good morning by the way," I could tell he was smiling from the sound of his voice.

"Um, yes good morning. Is something the matter?" I blurted out then lightly smacked my palm on my forehead.

 "Actually there is," he spoke poised.

"Oh," was all I could utter.

I cast aside the duvet and rested my feet on the cool tile to stand. "I believe you have to go to work today so I cannot meet you now, however is it fine to accompany me on dinner?" when he asked the question I sat back on the bed and brought my wrist to my chest.

Silence was what followed us both. I bit my lip. "Sure,"

"Great then I'll see you at seven," he announced.

"Okay," I replied.

"Have a good day, Faith," it sounded good when Cloud said my name. No it wasn't like a prayer, or a melody, it was smooth, gentle.

I peered down at my phone while my inside melted as if a volcano erupted in my belly and melted away in a pool of lava. The tips of my fingers went cold and numb meantime I debated as to what occurred. I cannot do this, I cannot be with him.

~*~*~*

 "Don't you even dare question the dress Faith," Saya warned.

"Look can we change it to something else. I don't feel comfortable," I argued and tugged on my maroon dress, that fell gracefully on my knees.

"You went through like seven dresses already, all were rejected either too short or bright, which trust me they weren't," my friend coaxed.

"This one shows off my shoulders, Saya I am not comfortable," I urged.

She huffed and trod to me," Listen you have to show those shoulders someday, you are going out on a dinner with your husband,"

"He is not my husband," I gasped.

"Technically Cloud is, so please don't reject this dress, its stunning," Saya pleaded.  I nodded which earned me a wolfish grin on her face.

After work I had called Saya and apprised her. She was rather too exuberant and had dropped by ten minutes later. Since then my friend dolled me in many dresses which like Saya mentioned were too bright or short. My hair was curled and loose on my back and thankfully Saya did not paint my face a lot.