Assassin's Bride Chp4

If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.~*~*

I pushed my hair behind my ear as a strong wind blew, making the trees and flowers dance to its rhythm, the birds chirped louder from happiness. I walked through the cherry blossom path, with petals on my feet welcoming me to another part of the garden. The bamboo fountains, decorated with all sort of pebbles rocks took my breath away,  the sound of a bamboo rocker arm hitting a rock was so peaceful I wanted to get lost in this beauty. Like I mentioned earlier the gardens were magnificent, flowers were so appealing, I had hard time averting my gaze from them, and there were birds everywhere I looked. This was a heaven of its own.

"Rosaline has an exquisite garden," I praised in utter awe, while looking around, but in the back of my mind he was still there, my heart was beating a little faster than normal. 

"I agree," Mia grinned, bending gently ruffling their dog's fur. I laughed when the dog made an effort to escape. 

"This place is really amazing," I appreciated stealing Mia's attention. She nodded agreeing with me. I looked at the unique fountain surrounded by green; it was something which you see in ancient queen-like houses. So concentrated and so well designed. May be it was my first time seeing something like this but for them it was constant.

"Yes, we have a place better than this one but Cloud likes to keep it to himself," Alina said with a roll of her eyes. I knit my eyebrows not getting her. "You will know," she added at my expression and chuckled. 

I was about to investigate further that's when we heard someone clear their throat, all three of us turned to see him. I sucked in a breath!

"Cloud," squealed Alina throwing her hands around the mysterious man. He smiled a full smile and wrapped his hands around her. "When did you get here? I was just talking about you,"

"I got here about an hour ago," the man name Cloud said, in that rich voice. I stood stiff, eyes blinking and trying to breathe.

"Good to have you back with us. How was Siberia?" Mia asked, hugging him she was short and only reached his chest so the man dipped lower and gently hugged her back.

"It was very cold but compelling," he chuckled, standing to his full height then turning his head toward me, my heart pumped against my chest when I had his full, undivided attention.

"Oh! How rude of me," Alina bit on her tongue," This is Faith, Mr. and Mrs. Baron's only daughter," Alina introduced. I felt the moist in my hands from this bizarre feeling, he reached for my hand.

"Nice to meet you," the man in front of me said calmly. My stupid heart was beating incredibly fast, like I was falling off a cliff. It took everything in me to stand there and remain calm. I slowly moved my hand, going through a cartwheel of thoughts in my brain. When my skin touched his, it calmed down, completely normal! I looked up at him,in his stormy eyes; taken aback thinking was this happening to him as well? But, no, he was undisturbed.

Cloud let go of my hand, looked at Alina than back at me, to my utter astonishment my heart took another flight. Not being able to say a word I looked down at the grass, confused, aghast. What on earth is happening to me?

I did not pay attention to what they were saying my mind was lost, "Excuse me Ladies," here I peered at him, he was smiling, a small smile. A smile that had so many feelings it would take a whole page to express. "I better go and meet our guests, it was nice meeting you, Faith," He said and left; I was staring after him trying my best to figure out what was my problem? Was I scared of him? Was he intimidating more than the big man, Tybalt?