Assassin's Bride Chp16

Start from the beginning

Lavender, I smiled.

My thumb rubbed on her bottom lip as thoughts dived in the ocean of my brain. My conscious crashed with its massive waves. I terminate humans with a blink of an eye, this girl right in front of me would not even cause harm to a fly. How on earth will she survive with a savage animal like me?

Faith stirred in her sleep however did not wake up but hugged the pillow closer to her. I would be an imbecile to say Faith was not beautiful. She is beautiful in fact Faith is very attractive. It is 'I'who isn't predestined to own her beauty.

Time slipped by as I sat there and gazed at the girl Lady Rosaline had chosen to be an assassin's bride. A slight breeze danced around the room and I inched closer, my face an inch away from Faith's. She looked so serene, so innocent it inflamed me.

"If anyone touched you, I will break every single bone in their body. If anyone brought tears in your eyes I will rip their hearts out," sounded my inaudible, benevolent voice. "From now on you are mine and all I want is to make you smile and protect you, but...." I blew the strand that fell on her forehead.

"I can't pledge to love you," I whispered, pulled away and stood up. After a moment I drew back the net drape in order to keep her unscathed, even from the wind itself. With a last glance over my shoulder at her I evaporated from her room and materialized outside the door of the house.

I shoved my hands in jeans pockets and stepped forward to leave. Promptly something captured my attention and my senses picked up. Someone else was here. Someone not ordinary, someone identical to my being a...Assassin! Nevertheless I kept walking, unbolted the gates of my jutsu and there it was a steady heartbeat that came from within the woods.

They are shadowing Faith.

Clouds sailed pass the ghostly moon as I made my way to my car, then pulled out my cell and dialed a number I had not ringed from several days now. After three rings the line clicked and a voice exceedingly familiar vocalized.

'Cloud'!

"How are you Wade?" I beamed but inside I waited for the assassin to advance.

'I am great, what's up man?'

"Nothing much just wanted to hear my brother's voice," I smirked.

'Damn seems like you guys miss this bastard, huh?'

"You can say that, when are you coming back, you keep delaying your arrival?" by now I reached my car, instead of getting in I stood and continued on with the conversation.

'Got some stuff to handle I'll be there in a day or so,"

"Good," I merely replied and he got the whisper.

'What is it Cloud?'

"I have a trial for you,"

"How fast do you need me there?'

"Be here day after tomorrow," I indicated the urgency of the predicament, and unlocked the car.

'You got it,'

"Take care." with that I sat in the vehicle and brought the engine to life. My eyes shot up to the rear view mirror as the heartbeats got closer, then ceased. This was the man Alexander enlightened me, that followed Faith, it has been over a week now. This person and his actions are conundrum. If he desired to kill her, he would have done it earlier, why the wait?

What does he want with Faith?

After a moment I drove away, leaving the girl wholly to her fate.